Make a hole on a sealed box??

Tell us what specific subwoofers you have. Brand and model number.
Polyfill helps make minor adjustments in the sound. Don't use it to attempt to use an improperly designed enclosure sound better. The best fix for that is to build a proper sized enclosure.
It's a cheap sub...

Kenwood KFC-W300S

Yeah i'd love to make a bigger box, but if any of you know how big Prelude

trunk is than that's a problem.... and i still kinda wanna use

or at least have a space to use in the trunk..

But hey guys thanks a lot for the input!! i cant believe i have this much of

replies in such short time!!

i learnt a lot!

i had a sealed box with 2 12's in it, and rather than buy a new ported box, i just took one of the subs out so the 2nd sub hole would be the port i gained 30db
i actually lost db's taking your advice,//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i had a sealed box with 2 12's in it, and rather than buy a new ported box, i just took one of the subs out so the 2nd sub hole would be the port
i gained 30db
and to think guys spend tons of cash and time just striving to reach another 1-2dB...that's all we have to do...dam...i could be in the 170's.

poly fill is used 1lb per cu'

if you have the room, try mounting your sub outside of the box, firing into it. it will give you more box volume. switch the + and - around if you do this to maintain porper phasing....yes, wire it backwards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.