Make a hole on a sealed box??

Hi guyss,

I'm a total newbie in the form and need some input..

I have 2 12" on my trunk in a sealed box...

i want to have that low-not punchy-softer kick on the bass..

and because i have a sealed box, it sounds too punchy..

now the question is, do you guys think its a bad idea to make a hole

out of my sealed box?

because what i know is you can have that softer kick if you have it ported?

btw, the box is not that big, not big at all...

i fit that in my 94 prelude...

i purposely made it just good/big enough to snug it in the wheel well...

suggestions?

Thanksss!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. It is not a wise idea to punch a hole in a sealed box. That is not how a ported box works. Get a person on this forum to make u a ported box if u really want one. And I think if u have a bigger sealed box, the punches wont be that hard

putting a hole in a sealed box will not fix what you want it will simply give you the sound of a sealed box with a hole it ....you are better off making a ported enclosure or slightly larger sealed enclosure to give you a bit more boom

Go to Wal-Marrt and get pillow stuffing

Pillow stuffing = Poly Fill

APX. 1lb per cuft

I think thats right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

yes if you want that bass you gotta let the subs breathe more meaning....your box must be bigger....the bigger the box the sound will be lower.....in more simpler terms...lol

how much cubic feet does polyfill give you???whats the rule of thumb..is there anyone on here who can give me box plans for a seald inclouser

Tell us what specific subwoofers you have. Brand and model number.

Polyfill helps make minor adjustments in the sound. Don't use it to attempt to use an improperly designed enclosure sound better. The best fix for that is to build a proper sized enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.