Mag v4 Production complete

Just curious, how many XBL^2 equipped woofers that you know of used a shortening ring? It's not the ability of putting a ring inside the gap that he's after, he's after the motor topology of xbl^2.
I suppose we forgot how much stray flux is created we get when we do a 3-6 stack 8-10mm plates of varying ID's that are stamped out and glued together (every where there is a joint there is an air gap of glue between the plates which also causes stray flux all the way around the motor) instead of doing it the 'right' way instead of casting 1 piece?

Wiggins will swear up and down it doesn't effect anything...model it, look at the graphs and bars and see where the flux is going. Every where there is an air gap there is a 'spit' in the model that looks like you sprayed windex out of a bottle away from the motor which is, stray flux. If you zoom back out and look at the motor from a side view the output isn't in a parabolic form, looks more like a wave then anything instead of a concentration in a parabola as it 'should' technically be. But if you want to throw screws at it from different angles I guess it'd serve a purpose...but it's significantly cheaper then casting/tooling a top plate...which simply goes down to a cost/benefit standpoint.

Casting a notch out of a top plate from a design stand point is much better because it is one solid piece with no air gaps for flux to dance around randomly...you can still put a shortening ring in it if you feel you must because the notch in the gap would be there. However it is by far not as cheap as stacking thin top plates to get the desired gap height...

That's enough tech jargon for the day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Why are you spending time tying to put other competitor's products down before they are even launched (heck or even after)...

bad form.....

Nope, they aren't. I can't speak for others, but this is not a case of me picking on you: I've publicly (and privately) disagreed with Nick from IA, Nick from Fi/AA, DD/AQ, and RD Audio about not providing Thiele/Small parameters.
I understand why companies do it, I just don't think they should. Some may be worried they'll lose a sale if someone declines to use their product based on the Thiele/Small parameters (which may be from a legitimate application problem or a lack of education); still, I will never buy something for which there are no Thiele/Small parameters available, so that's a lost sale to people like me (and Brad) anyways. Granted, we are probably a small group of people, but unfortunately we can be quite vocal. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

I'll be the first to admit, since I do have a rough idea of the T/S specs, that it sounds differently than I would expect at first just going "by the book" on T/S specs.
I had presumed as much given the reluctance to release the specs and his thread on his forum regarding Qtc.

Oh well.....time to look for another sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

I had presumed as much given the reluctance to release the specs and his thread on his forum regarding Qtc.

Oh well.....time to look for another sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
he posted the t/s specs for u guys complaining //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

http://stereointegrity.com/forums/si-products/259-fine-fine-fine-mag-v4-t-ss.html

Why are you spending time tying to put other competitor's products down before they are even launched (heck or even after)...
bad form.....
Not a competitor.

I'm not putting down the product, i'm putting the erroneous claims to rest and proving them incorrect with real world evidence...

Not even anything to be really worried about sharing....

Re: 3.9 Ohms

Le: 0.76 mH

Fs: 29 Hz

Sd: 490 cm^2

BL: 14.0

Qms: 4.0

Qes: .494

Qts: .44

SPL: 87.6

Mms: 135 g

Xmax: 16mm

Xsus: 22mm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.