LPF Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

codyc03

CarAudio.com Recruit
Utah
Hello everybody, my setup is a Skar rp1200.1 amp paired with a Skar SVR-12, as well as an LC2i due to the fact that I have the factory head unit. I installed this all myself a few weeks ago, and have been mostly pleased. After listening to my friends Kicker Comp R, I realized that my sub was playing a lot more notes than it should be. My subsonic filter is set around 24hz because the box is tuned at 32hz, and I originally set the LPF to around 80 or 90hz. I took the box out of the car and set the sub away from the car and played music, and noticed I could hear vocals and other music coming from the sub. I messed around with the LPF, raising it and even lowering it down to 50hz, I could still hear vocals even at 50hz, though they were quieter than at other positions of the LPF knob. I did the same thing with an 80hz test tone, turned the LPF down all the way to 50hz and could still clearly hear the test tone coming from the sub. Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or is this normal?

Does your filter have adjustable slope? Low pass filter isn't a hard cutoff. If you can raise the slope that will attenuate higher frequencies faster.

leave the bass boost off and set to what I said above. Adjust and set the gain with a 40 hz test tone with the bass knob all the way up at least that is how a lot of people do that. I have done it both ways and are now going to do the test tones with the bass knob all the way up at 3/4% of the volume on the head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...