Low Voltage on my 80PRS Pre outs!!

SeniorXJ
10+ year member

To make a long story short, i measured both the cable ends and pulled the radio out and measured at the outputs on my Pioneer 80prs. The most i got was around 1.8 to 2v on the fronts and .9 to 1.1 on the rears when playing music through my ipod. The radio output was even lower.

So, do i have to buy a new 80prs or can this be fixed? Oh and I tried playing it in network mode and couldn't get that to work. Any advice is welcomed!!

ASL is on high, SLA is on +4, eq is on custom and any other setting on +6 is the same. Loudness doesn't matter either. Anything else?
yeah thats not normal at all. I'm getting 4+ volts with most of those settings at neutral and not even 55 on the volume yet. Did you buy it used or did this problem just occur?

Could be a blown pico

Also try resetting the head unit.

yeah thats not normal at all. I'm getting 4+ volts with most of those settings at neutral and not even 55 on the volume yet. Did you buy it used or did this problem just occur?
Could be a blown pico

Also try resetting the head unit.
Bought brand new years ago. How do you reset it?

did it just start happening now? Just remove the positive connection.
Reset done, no difference. Problem has existed for a bit, I just never checked it with a multimeter which is when I found the low voltage. I'm upgrading everything in the jeep so I have to figure this out or just buy a new deck.

Lol, it's a brand new battery. 

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

U serious?
Does it actually affect how loud and clean things get? Arr you using tones or music?

If its 0 db sine waves then yeah best bet would be to sell it as is... Lol.

If you are using music or -5 or 10 db sine waves then thats the cause of the low voltage issue

Bought brand new years ago. How do you reset it?
You bought it years ago, I'm guessing you didn't test it when you 1st got it, and prob sat around until you were able to get it installed? Am I correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.