Low voltage at idle/ in general NEED HELP!!!!

your voltage regulator is inside of the alt.

the only option is to go to an alt shop and have them match you up a smaller pully for the alt and put it on the alt.

so it will spin faster at idle.

BUT that car comes with a cs130 modle alt. and those should put out a strong

14.4 at idle.

your alt. is probally bad or weak.

Oh alright. Hmm.....im trying to remember mine i actually got tested cause my friend helped me i can't remember how he did it off hand sry man.

your voltage regulator is inside of the alt.the only option is to go to an alt shop and have them match you up a smaller pully for the alt and put it on the alt.

so it will spin faster at idle.

BUT that car comes with a cs130 modle alt. and those should put out a strong

14.4 at idle.

your alt. is probally bad or weak.
i just had the factory alternator in and rewound because i thought that would correct the problem. that was 5 days ago. its not even that it doesnt hav enough power at idle. ive said a couple times in the thread already that even while driving its only at 13.7 not 14.x. i also said that i had it load tested and it came up good.

ok hm.. GM cars keep their head lights on at all times right? well most do.. which would be just dim but still on yet not sufficient for night time driving. try this.. turn your night time head lights on. and let the car idle out for a few minutes. you might see a difference and voltage might go up to your 13.x..

on my civic if i drive w/o my headlights on or A/c running my voltage stays around 12.X untill i reach a speed limit of 40+ then my voltage ups to 13.X.. at idle i drop down to say a 12.2-12.4

but if i turn on my headlights only with my A/C OFF. my voltage goes up to about 13.9.. at w/e speed limit, even if idle at a stop light or so.

if i drive with my headlights OFF and my A/C ON my voltage jumps up and down. but usualy stays near 13.5 but jumps around alot so i don't really use the A/C. plus gas prices ****.

some things in some cars cause an alt to kick in.. soemtimes the vehicles set to not need the extra battery power when it's not in demand. per-say when idling.

... and LOL at a civic driver complaining about gas prices!!!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

perhaps you missed or attatched one of your big 3 runs to the wrong spot...make sure the neg batt terminal is grounded to chassis where no paint is etc...
Big 3 is moot in this disscussion because all im trying to do is have my car run at the correct voltage WITH NO ACCESSORIES. the alt upgrade and big three make no differance because the car is not doing what it should do from the factory with factory parts. i upragded the parts so it DEFINATELY should be doing what it was designed to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.