Low powered sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gruppy

UT
Hey guys, I'm new to the whole subwoofer and amp stuff.

I've got a what seems to be a 10 inch Alpine Baseline sub, and a Pioneer GM-3000T Amplifier.

I know that its a weak amp but I feel like the sub should still be louder.

I haven't really been able to mess with the amp settings but any tips would be appreciated.

I'm just hoping that it can be a bit louder cause as of right now its not very noticable.

Thanks

First find out what ohm subwoofer you have.

Then make sure it wired correctly

Then adjust settings accordingly

Gain at like 1/2 - 3/4 for most people

Lpf at 80

Bass boost off

I just looked up that amp and it does 80watts rms... You need a bigger amp forsure. That amp would hardly push a door speaker let alone a subwoofer

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole subwoofer and amp stuff.I've got a what seems to be a 10 inch Alpine Baseline sub, and a Pioneer GM-3000T Amplifier.

I know that its a weak amp but I feel like the sub should still be louder.

I haven't really been able to mess with the amp settings but any tips would be appreciated.

I'm just hoping that it can be a bit louder cause as of right now its not very noticable.

Thanks
Id go with a tuned ported enclosure to get more output and low end from your sub....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.