Love my setup

gev003
10+ year member

After being out messing around with my new AVIC for the last few hours, Pandora and whatnot, I had to come in to tell somebody about how low and loud my setup gets. Bass Mekanik kills, Bob Marley rocks, and Beethoven sounds unbelievable too!!! For a single 12 getting less than 1k (actually about 600-700), I can tell you it's hard to find a sub that competes. I'm just thinking that over the years I've run Image Dynamics IDQs and SPLs, Alumapro Alchemys, Adire Audio Shiva/Tempests, just to name a few, and I am happiest with this in this new enclosure. Anyways, enough boring you, just had to vent.

Thanks

B

Ask any real car audio guy and they will tell you its 10% equipment and 90% installation. O and get off pioneers nuts they have enough nut hugers they don't need another one.

The CORRECT formula is: 5% alcohol, 10% gear choice, and 85% install! Just be certain that you don't drink too much before or during the install!

Ya'll are funny. And yes I agree about the important thing being the install, not necessarily the equipment. And to the first reply, I am far from being on Pioneer's nuts bro. Quite the sophomoric comment coming from an admitted Pioneer owner. I've run Eclipse, Clarion, and Excelon head units, Image Dynamics, DEI, and Diamond Hex components, and a slew of different amps over the last 15 years. I just happened to get a great deal on everything and went with it. My install is clean as a MF, amps are hidden below the rear cargo floor out of site, the sub is firing down in a box behind the 3rd row seat that is wrapped in the same carpet as the floor. The only things in sight are the tweeters. Basically I've been a car audio dork since before I even thought about driving my first car. But now at the age of 30 I finally have a clean, no drama, system that sounds great and gets louder than I need.

I do agree witht he rest of you but maybe not on the figures. I mean you can install crap all day, you can put nice bells and whistles on crap, you can make crap look real good, you can tune the heck out of crap; however in the end it will still be crap. Really I can do an all out 5k SQ install and use all spark O matic equipment and it will be a nice looking and well installed piece of crap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.