Loudness on or off on head unit?

alright guys, thanks. I turned off.
It is true that you shouldn't need the loudness on to enjoy your music. But if you enjoy the way your system sounds with it on then just adjust your EQ accordingly.

It is true that you shouldn't need the loudness on to enjoy your music. But if you enjoy the way your system sounds with it on then just adjust your EQ accordingly.
true on that^^^^^^^^^....if you like it keep it on...

true on that^^^^^^^^^....if you like it keep it on...
Don't get me wrong I don't think he should leave it on. I mean if the boost in the low and high frequencies (which is what the loudness does) sounds better than boost them with the EQ....NOT the loudness.

Wow.. Ive been running with Loudness enabled throughout the years without any issues. I guess I just got used to the way it sounds and stuck with it, I never really thought of any potential damage that may occur..

My current head unit has a Low / Mid and High loudness setting and I went straight for the High setting after first installing it (Pioneer Premier P690UB)

But after reading this thread I'm curious how it sounds with loudness disabled .. ill have to mess with it.

I used loudness when I was using that HU back in the day as well. I kept it on mid. After swapping out to better equipment loudness makes my settings worse. I never use it not even to demo.

BTW nice bump for an old Endofdays89n00bixcubexinfinity thread

I used loudness when I was using that HU back in the day as well. I kept it on mid. After swapping out to better equipment loudness makes my settings worse. I never use it not even to demo.
I was actually curious about the loudness setting and this thread popped up during a search. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

I was actually curious about the loudness setting and this thread popped up during a search. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
Yeah, whats he supposed to do? If a new guy does a search then he gets made fun of for bringing up an old thread. If he doesn't he gets made fun of for NOT searching. You just can't win with some people.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

It's not really so much bringing up an old thread as much as reminding us of endofdays idiocy.

This thread wasn't too bad.

He brought us such golden nuggets as:

"read up on sunspots, they are a sign the sun is possibly going to pull itself towards the earth.", like sunspots are ****ing solar deathstars or something and haven't been happening for****ingever

and

"there's no audible difference between crossing your front speakers over at 100hz vs. at 60hz" like our ears just can't hear a 40+hz range of frequencies

along with plenty of other idiocy

Wow what a differance turning off loudness made .. I just had to adjust the EQ and my subwoofer level on the headunit. My lights dont dim nearly as bad either even tho it still feels like its pounding the same. (Shrug).

I have only ever tried it once on a head unit for a minute just to see what it sounded like. A 300 watt front stage=no loudness necessary.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.