loudest trunk?

I haven't read many posts on this thread but my truck did a legal 142.2 @ 40 hz SEALED at a DB Drag event in Indy, IN. With that setup just a single red top battery from Autozone, stock alternator, one DB Drive PT2000.1D, one DB Drive PLT15WD, and box was 4 cu ft at 39.5 hz with a stupid ~25 cu in port area per cu ft. But with my current setup I hit 145.8 SEALED at an eCrack event in Mt Vernon, IL. With this setup I just had same single red top battery, stock alternator, one DB Drive PT2000.1D, but two DB Drive PLT15WD's and box was 11.37 cu ft tuned to 40.17 hz with a low ~14 cu in port area per cu ft. Both boxes were built rather quick with no 45s and just minimum bracing. 145.8 probably isn't close to being the loudest in that category but it is what it is. All giving decibels are from a Term Lab used at both competitions while being completely sealed.

I haven't read many posts on this thread but my truck did a legal 142.2 @ 40 hz SEALED at a DB Drag event in Indy, IN. With that setup just a single red top battery from Autozone, stock alternator, one DB Drive PT2000.1D, one DB Drive PLT15WD, and box was 4 cu ft at 39.5 hz with a stupid ~25 cu in port area per cu ft. But with my current setup I hit 145.8 SEALED at an eCrack event in Mt Vernon, IL. With this setup I just had same single red top battery, stock alternator, one DB Drive PT2000.1D, but two DB Drive PLT15WD's and box was 11.37 cu ft tuned to 40.17 hz with a low ~14 cu in port area per cu ft. Both boxes were built rather quick with no 45s and just minimum bracing. 145.8 probably isn't close to being the loudest in that category but it is what it is. All giving decibels are from a Term Lab used at both competitions while being completely sealed.
Haha, sorry thought the thread said truck not trunk.

except for allan won at worlds by 4 db 

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

allan hall.. 158dbs /thread
too bad chriss ran 0-1000 and alan ran 1001+...............

would you like the usaci web page results....

0-1000

steven 156

chris 155

matt 153

1001+

alan and lacy 158

schaffer 157

02 Camry (I have yet to hear of anyone do well on the mic in this car, terrible for numbers)

This is Street B for DbDrag, 2 12 BTLs on a AQ 3500.1, one batt up front, thats it for Street B, car off, sealed.

I did a 142.5, I have my subs firing forward and sealed for the trunk, my box is tuned to 33 hz, but I burped at 38 hz.

Windows down, I'm guessing probably around a 144-145. Shame is does bad on the mic.. I heard a 143 certified eclipse hatch and my car was FAR louder to the ear for being .5db quieter on the mic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.