Loudest No Wall Vehicle?

There are plenty of SUVs hitting 160 with sub up port back setups. Steve Meade runs 4 AA SMD v2 18s and has to be hitting 60s. Maybe even on music. Off the top of my head I can't recall too many names but I've seen quite a few. Gotta plan on 4+ 15s or 18s and at least 20k watts.
I suspect there's a reason you never see Steve Meade in the same place as an SPL meter and it isn't that he can do 160dB. In fact I bet if he wasn't embarrassed about the numbers he does he'd be selling an SPL meter with his name on it for double it's actual value to all his fanboys.

I suspect there's a reason you never see Steve Meade in the same place as an SPL meter and it isn't that he can do 160dB. In fact I bet if he wasn't embarrassed about the numbers he does he'd be selling an SPL meter with his name on it for double it's actual value to all his fanboys.
meade is nowhere near a 160 sealed at the dash in the tahoe.

Lmao so solo X cones with dc lvl6 motors or sundown team motors which are both 4" coils and solo X were 3" and 3.5" coils...
my bad....but you get the idea..those were just two examples. A strong 3" motor that isnt too bulky bc with my enclosures the larger motors tend to hurt score a tad.

Putting batteries under the vehicle is a Modified class automatically
yes of course...so does multiple alts and putting different motors on solo X soft parts.

Its still an SUV setup without a wall that has all seats full intact and working and would play music pretty decently too.

I without putting the batts under the truck, I could fit 4 of the lithium 16 volt XS power batts in there. 8 500.1s would be super super tight but doable. Id probably switch to something like the old style Memphis 4kw's because I could fit 8 of them EASILY in this setup due to their odd shape.

This would break 160 Id imagine, depending on how strong those lithium batts are...I dont have any experience with them.

my bad....but you get the idea..those were just two examples. A strong 3" motor that isnt too bulky bc with my enclosures the larger motors tend to hurt score a tad.

yes of course...so does multiple alts and putting different motors on solo X soft parts.

Its still an SUV setup without a wall that has all seats full intact and working and would play music pretty decently too.

I without putting the batts under the truck, I could fit 4 of the lithium 16 volt XS power batts in there. 8 500.1s would be super super tight but doable. Id probably switch to something like the old style Memphis 4kw's because I could fit 8 of them EASILY in this setup due to their odd shape.

This would break 160 Id imagine, depending on how strong those lithium batts are...I dont have any experience with them.
How does "putting different motors on Solo X soft parts" automatically bump you up to the modified class??

Not that kind of modified.......

Not really sure what you're talking about with solo X cones or everything pushing you into mod class...

Anyway, deadener, recones, and hopefully more power coming soon. Depends on how the MECA 2016 rulebook looks, I'm still waiting on it

Speaking of Kicker Solo's, I've been working on my wall all day. Lots of cutting wood and such, so the neighbors all knew what was up to. The neighbors two houses down were working on the trim in their house, because they just put new flooring in.

I went inside to calculate my port area and tuning, and the doorbell rang. Their son who was back from college for the holidays was standing there holding a 10" L7. He gave it to me and was like "Happy November, it's been sitting in my room for a couple years and I'm not going to use it. I figured you'd be able to do something with it." Then they needed some help and I cut some trim pieces for them with my chop saw

I've still got that BOSS "4k" amp and my old Kenwood Excellon deck sitting up in my room, so I'm thinking about putting a system together for my next serious girlfriend. I should have wood left over and I always have RCA's. The only thing I would need is power/ground wire

How does "putting different motors on Solo X soft parts" automatically bump you up to the modified class??
Not that kind of modified.......
because that makes them not a commercially available woofer. I could be wrong I suppose but I know in dbdrag you cant be in street class with custom equipment

I've never heard that...
well its not really fair if you make all your own custom gear that nobody can use to be on equal playing field right??

I could be wrong. It could be commercially available parts of the gear but youre allowed to mismatch portions together. Either way, it would work. Could work with regular round woofers too.

well its not really fair if you make all your own custom gear that nobody can use to be on equal playing field right??
I could be wrong. It could be commercially available parts of the gear but youre allowed to mismatch portions together. Either way, it would work. Could work with regular round woofers too.
I would not use square cones. So much fail.

because that makes them not a commercially available woofer. I could be wrong I suppose but I know in dbdrag you cant be in street class with custom equipment
There are no more street classes in DBDRA just street stock in 2016, that was an old rule that was practically unenforceable and is no longer in play in any of the big orgs.

just an FYi, so it doesn't get anymore confusing in here

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.