Odd pop when my head unit turns on.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Polar

CarAudio.com Elite
Haven't really dug into much but heres what I got. Pioneer 80PRS in 3 way active mode. Out of the blue it'll make a crackling noise then pop, the pop will make the tweeter diaphragms move so I turned it off. Amp is a PPI BA1000.4. Tweets on one channel, mids on the other. Gounds look tight and fine, ran a new RCA and grounded the head unit to the chassis yesterday. Still does it then it goes away. One time it actually sent the mid/highs amp into protect when it did it. Think its an issue with a speaker wire or one of the speakers? All the wires look fine and appear to not be touching anything metal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Disconnect the RCA's or hi-level input to the JBl amp. turn the system on, If the noise continues, it's a ground or noise issue with the amp.If it...
I relocated the head unit ground, and I also put plastic wire loom tubing over the RCA cables since they sit on the bare metal floor under the...
i see, good to know At least. that means i could squeeze out more air volume indeed. bit of a crude design but so far was thinking of roughly...
It sounds like the remote is wired to the interior courtesy lights. Those lights come on as soon as you remove the key from the ignition. Try...
Hello! i have too problems with head units, two cars, old mazda 323f ba and now mazda 6 2007r station. Problem is from lossing quality, poor bass...

About this thread

Polar

CarAudio.com Elite
Polar
WPB, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from