Loudest No Wall Vehicle?

Alan Hall was doing 57-58 no sweat in a musical box in his Tahoe. Similar setup to yours.
I've talked to Alan a little bit about our builds. Similar concept but a lot different specs on the enclosures. His may work better than mine will on high power since its on the small side for 18s, we'll see when I throw some more power to mine. I was pretty happy with the results for being the first box I designed and threw in there. If my assumptions and observations so far are correct it should do really good in clamped power classes.

I'm really waiting on the new MECA rulebook before I do too much, I don't want to buy something then be ineligible for my class for something stupid. I know it's pretty likely Brazilian amps will get screwed over.

Who has hit the highest score without a wall (or blowthrough) that you've seen? Outlaw, sealed, headrest... please include the location with your post.
I'm more interested in builds legal for street classes (2 rows of seats still installed, so no CRX, panda, ext cab trucks, or SUVs with boxes to the B pillar)

I'm just wondering as I'm eventually shooting for a 160 with no wall.

Bud Ballinger from lousville ky, i think may have had the loudest from meca for alittle bit a few years ago. He was doing a 160 or so in a explorer no wall in a street box

Nothing official yet. I heard it's very possible that stock will be split into stock (2 rows of seats) and mod stock (trucks, crx, suv's built to the b pillar). That would even out the advantage ext cabs and CRXs have
I heard that too at finals. It's a good call

There are plenty of SUVs hitting 160 with sub up port back setups. Steve Meade runs 4 AA SMD v2 18s and has to be hitting 60s. Maybe even on music. Off the top of my head I can't recall too many names but I've seen quite a few. Gotta plan on 4+ 15s or 18s and at least 20k watts.

There are plenty of SUVs hitting 160 with sub up port back setups. Steve Meade runs 4 AA SMD v2 18s and has to be hitting 60s. Maybe even on music. Off the top of my head I can't recall too many names but I've seen quite a few. Gotta plan on 4+ 15s or 18s and at least 20k watts.
You don't know what your talking about

4 18s isn't going to fit behind the C pillar. I'm talking setups legal in street classes.

Anybody can cram an assload of subs all the way to the b pillar or in a wall and get loud

Well Meade's enclosure is behind the 2nd row. But if he's not hitting 160 I'm not sure what he could do to get there. He's already pushing his subs to thermal limits I'm sure.

meade05.jpg

4 18s isn't going to fit behind the C pillar. I'm talking setups legal in street classes.
Anybody can cram an assload of subs all the way to the b pillar or in a wall and get loud
Now your reaching too. Anyone can go to the b pillar and get loud under the glass? Anyone? So join me in that class next year and we will see what happens. Challenge dropped

Now your reaching too. Anyone can go to the b pillar and get loud under the glass? Anyone? So join me in that class next year and we will see what happens. Challenge dropped

I was doing a 157.4 in 07 with 4 12s in street C and 157.8 in 08 with 6 10s in street C. 97 explorer.

If it were me, and I was trying to break a 160 Id do the following:

Stick with 2nd gen explorer

Large bank of 16 volt batts built under the cargo area of the truck. Can likely fit about 16 of them.

Throw in 2 or 3 big alternators and burp with truck running to help the lack of batteries.

Id use the solo X 10s again to get the most cone area I could. Stiffen the cones with resin and glass. Then switch the motor with something like a LVL 6 or a team sundown. Add 4 more amps....I ran AB 500.1s x 4 although I had 4 more waiting but couldnt fit them in time to make finals. With the large 16 volt bank, Id add the last 4 Amps which would be ran at 0.46 ohm per strapped pair aka 0.23 ohm per amp @ 18 volts.

Id keep the same enclosure I ran previously. Stiffen it with threaded rod and re-tune the ports for added power.

Thats well well over 160 db recipe right there @ under 50 hz so it will play music ok too if you wire the amps to a higher load.

I was doing a 157.4 in 07 with 4 12s in street C and 157.8 in 08 with 6 10s in street C. 97 explorer.

Large bank of 16 volt batts built under the cargo area of the truck. Can likely fit about 16 of them.

Throw in 2 or 3 big alternators and burp with truck running to help the lack of batteries.

Id use the solo X 10s again to get the most cone area I could. Stiffen the cones with resin and glass. Then switch the motor with something like a LVL 6 or a team sundown. Add 4 more amps....I ran AB 500.1s x 4 although I had 4 more waiting but couldnt fit them in time to make finals. With the large 16 volt bank, Id add the last 4 Amps which would be ran at 0.46 ohm per strapped pair aka 0.23 ohm per amp @ 18 volts.

Id keep the same enclosure I ran previously. Stiffen it with threaded rod and re-tune the ports for added power.

Thats well well over 160 db recipe right there @ under 50 hz so it will play music ok too if you wire the amps to a higher load.
Lmao so solo X cones with dc lvl6 motors or sundown team motors which are both 4" coils and solo X were 3" and 3.5" coils...

Putting batteries under the vehicle is a Modified class automatically

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.