loudest $300 sub

What crown?

Kinda vague question... with many conditional answers.

There are many 'loud' subwoofers in that price range, but are you just interested in something that 'sounds' loud for $300, or something that does numbers on the meters?

What is it your really looking for here?

From a strictly competition angle, I can tell you that in MWSPL, for 1000 watts and under per woofer, Kicker (L5/L7) pretty much dominates the top vehicles taking home the trophies (3 years running). I speak specifically of the Basic 1-4 classes. The majority of these installs are going to be 'burp' cars, meaning, they don't play music very well (mine included).

They also have a strong heritage in the dbDrag and USACi organizations.

Bottom line though, the install is going to play a much larger part in 'being loud' than the equipment itself.

If your looking for something for your daily beater though, pick what 'you' like. We can't tell you what will sound good to you.

The L7 still has tons of cone area.. gaining cone area is one of the easiest ways to get louder especially when on a power/size "budget".

For the first time ever im attempting an efficency build for the MWSPL Clamped classes. Im using a single American Bass HD w/An AQ hdc3 recone and im doing a low 45 on 500watts... All in all I have less than 300 into this sub

The L7 still has tons of cone area.. gaining cone area is one of the easiest ways to get louder especially when on a power/size "budget".
Cone area isn't everything. I gained quite a bit switching to a 9510 over an L7, keeping power levels the same.

Numbers (SPL) loud and feeling loud are different. A sub with good low end extension will feel louder (in general) when listening to music than a one note wonder that can only hit 50-80Hz with any authority.

At how much power? I understand cone area isnt everything, but i think it would be hard to argue that its one of the primary and most easily obtained things as far as 'getting louder' is concerned.

At how much power? I understand cone area isnt everything, but i think it would be hard to argue that its one of the primary and most easily obtained things as far as 'getting louder' is concerned.
2+ dB at 700 watts.

No joke.

In fact, I think the L7 was the quietest 10" I ever had in my truck. Just because a lot of usaci/mwspl guys that burp at 60+ hz use them, doesn't mean they are the best for low power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.