Loudest 15's?

Actually, I know a couple of people who use the Lanzar Opi 15's and do well over 150's at the headrest with them.
So blanket goofy posts like that just make you seem silly.
And an a$$hole for steering people in the wrong direction purposely

DD or FI BL or BTL.
my q is pretty loud. it started ripping the screws out of the wood that is holding it in. now i gota put another piece of mdf on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
so would you recomend the BL because its cheaper? I dont really have enough money to get the BTL with all the add ons (wish i could), let alone the heavyweight sub thats crazy and amazing... Also, if i get it from the site what options should i get? spl or daily driver, cooling ect?

Why dont you just find a pair of subs here for sale in the forums? I mean, it sounds like you dont know what direction to go so before you dump a load of cash on something, why dont you play around with some used stuff first?

Talk to TheLow, he's got a bunch of DC Lvl 2 15's for sale for dirt cheap. That would be an excellent place to start for you.

Maybe I missed it, but what car, while we're at it?

Curious as to whether or not your trunk will open into the car(Do the seats let down ha)

Best way, in my opinion, is two 12's ported into the cab, sealed off from trunk, dont know if you're willing to do that though.

Alot of the way something will be reproduced isnt so much the woofer as it is the box itself. What size box, tuning, and port area do you have it in now?

Why dont you just find a pair of subs here for sale in the forums? I mean, it sounds like you dont know what direction to go so before you dump a load of cash on something, why dont you play around with some used stuff first?
Talk to TheLow, he's got a bunch of DC Lvl 2 15's for sale for dirt cheap. That would be an excellent place to start for you.

I dont know, used stuff can have problems, and im sure i wont be disapointed with what ever i get (new or used) but i want it to be the best for the price - most new stuff is close to the lightly used price anyway, and I probably cant try out alot of used stuff if they need different amps and boxes its more money then i have to spend. Ill probably spend around $600 at the most for amp and sub.

Maybe I missed it, but what car, while we're at it?
Curious as to whether or not your trunk will open into the car(Do the seats let down ha)

Best way, in my opinion, is two 12's ported into the cab, sealed off from trunk, dont know if you're willing to do that though.
...eh..... i have a 97 taurus untill i get my better car when i graduate. or maby next year i dont know, and yeah the trunk opens to the car but the seats stick up and i kinda want to use my back seat lol. and the way my trunk is id have the sub on top of the box if you know what i mean... there isnt alot of height for a 15

...wanting a camaro...

With that little amount of cash, id get a couple of Alpine R 12's and a 800-1000 watt amp of some sort and call it a day.

But what do I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Alot of the way something will be reproduced isnt so much the woofer as it is the box itself. What size box, tuning, and port area do you have it in now?
I dont have anything yet, im going to make the box, probably once i have the sub. and i dont know how to tune the port but i can make it what ever...

Just bump daily. Probably not even EVERY day but often...
Next week I should have an Audioque HDC15 and their 2200D amp up and running. I'm sure that setup would fit your application as well. Had I not chose the Aq sub I would have went with a RE SX 15. I'm sure there are better subs out there, but after actually seeing the build quality of the 15, and seeing some 18s in action, I went with the AQ 15. If my 15 could move half the air as one of those 18s, I'll be ok.

Which Hifonics amp were you looking at?

I'll throw in my vote for the Audioque HD3 (havent used the HDC3 so i cant vouch for them). Can't find much louder for the price of the HD3's in the classifieds from time to time.

or go with a bunch of Arghhh's, they are a decent "bang for your buck" moofa.

Next week I should have an Audioque HDC15 and their 2200D amp up and running. I'm sure that setup would fit your application as well. Had I not chose the Aq sub I would have went with a RE SX 15. I'm sure there are better subs out there, but after actually seeing the build quality of the 15, and seeing some 18s in action, I went with the AQ 15. If my 15 could move half the air as one of those 18s, I'll be ok.
Which Hifonics amp were you looking at?
Yeah, it looks like all the subs i look at are the exact same... rms, and db rating... and price is close too... i guess its just preference??? but I was looking at any bxi amp that works, depending on what the sub can do. probably a Bxi1208D if its 1ohm.

And thoes are the main 3 i like, the SX, the BL, and the HDC... lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jflick092

10+ year member
Work Do'er
jflick092
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date