loud banging when i change source!!

Originally posted by gavlas PLLLease help!! I got an all pioneer system and i got it all installed by a so called professional but everytime i change source, ie from radio to cd and cd to dvd etc the subs let out a loud pop. Ive taken it back to the shop and they re wired the whole lot wich took 2 days and its still doing it but it cant be doing the subs anygood!! any ideas what it is and will it do any harm to my system??

So your saying while your radio is powered up and you change sources from say, CD to Tuner your amps make a popping or thumping noise?

It doesn't do it any other time?

Do you have any kind of turn on or turn of thump now?

The only reason your amps would make noise would be if some kind of source signal is causing that, or their power is being interrupted. Since it only happens when your changing sources on the HU that would be the culprit, not your amps. They are only doing "what they are being asked to do" If they get a signal that makes them thump or pop then they are going to reproduce it. I would try a different HU and see if the problem goes away..

Good luck!

Originally posted by evo2k3 I have a 7400 and it definitley does....but its not long enough that you or i could notice, nor could you read it on a multi meter.....But I know I have had multiple head units by pioneer that do that.
Interesting. I'll hafta look at it with a 'scope next time I'm futzing with my system. If it's really the case, then maybe a small R/C circuit could delay the signal long enough to compensate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.