Lots of upgrades for 2011 season

Participant count
  • Participant list

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Used a pile of different gear last year, looking to get a bit louder this year. Currently working on a new HU (may just stick with the Kenwood I've been using). Fronts will stay Zed Leviathan powering Mpyre mids in the doors, exods mids in the kicks, and crescendo tweets in the kicks. Got another Leviathan, may install it if I end up doing 5.1 surround and doing rears.

Excessive Amperage HO alt, 3X dekka batteries in back (may add more or even pull one depending how many amps I use and how much I decide to compete...and in what class). I have done some deadening, mostly in the doors, but some on the lift gate (Damplifier SPL tiles IIRC) Also should have the new Zed Ra (bass restoration/pre-amp) in the next couple days.

Picked up some big batteries over the winter and also the original 2 Fusion FCA 4000 prototypes. The guy I got these from ran them at 18V and clamped them at over 10KW ea. They should do rated power at 14V for me. Not sure if I'll use both or just 1.... I think I'll need a lot more batteries if I'm going to do more than burps with it though.

I had these Neo motors built up as 15" and smoked one while testing the new amp. Since Shocker Mike is out of 15" cones in the style I want I went ahead and ordered some stuff to do them up as 18's.

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

DSC01139.jpg

DSC01140.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

Trying a little something different with these direct leads.... Yeah I know all the wire is red....it was "deal of the day" at audiosavings and they didn't have black for that price..... I'll mark one with a piece of tape.

what can those subs take as far as power?
they look unassuming, but those neo motors are retarded strong
Coils are good quality. Realistically I think the pair would take a single 4K daily without too much worry and shoul burp with the pair no problem. These copper coils I'm using should be a bit more forgiving as well as far as expansion/rubbing (very tight gap in these).

They look goofy, but the neo gains about a full db over the nearly 80 pound ceramic sig motor. The idea is I really won't need to throw abusive ammount of power into them to get painfully loud.

DSC01228.jpg

Slapping together a box. Using multiple ports. The 12" port should tune around 48hz for burps and the 10" insert tunes high 30's for daily. I wanted to port up the top but I can't do it around the bracing, and the other side of the Jeep doesn't have as much clearence in front of it. Changing ports should be relatively easy with a second guy to lift the box and tilt it out.

DSC01229.jpg

More bracing. I use scraps of whatever I have laying around to brace tyipcally.

DSC01230.jpg

I used 2 pieces for the doubled up baffle with just a thin bead of caulk to seal. Ideally I can switch up to a single sub with an intact piece over one hole, or switch one or both sides out for different size woofer. Could even turn one into a port, plug the side port and use a single woofer.....Just more options for playing later.

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01233.jpg

Pics of the 10" port inserted.

DSC01234.jpg

New home.

Need to get my meter situation figured out and will post numbers eventually. I haven't dialed in my amp yet and my HU is a piece of **** currently (I've been trying a few things). It is very very loud. I can maintain a sickening level of output at idle without even dropping my voltage or heating up the coils much. I have high expectations on the meter.

so you've had shocker sig neo motors... and fusion amps i've been searching for years on here for ... and you play mtg. Wtf are you my brother?

so you've had shocker sig neo motors... and fusion amps i've been searching for years on here for ... and you play mtg. Wtf are you my brother?
LOL. Should have hit me up last winter, drove a 16K+ order of cards down to Troll and Toad in Corbin, KY (picked up my batteries from a forum member down there while I was at it).

I bought the neo motors on here last fall. I totally couldn't afford it, but I knew if I didn't make it happen I'd never see them again (and I haven't seen any come up since). I could have had the Fusions a while ago, but dragged my heels on that deal. They are monsters ( would have bought them sooner if I had known) and I will sell them by the end of the summer most probably. I did have a couple shipping disasters with one of the Fusions and the other one was in limbo for a long time awaiting repair while that was up in the air (since they're proto's we needed one to figure out where everything went in the other).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.