Lost it all...

Possession is 9/10ths of the law and judges like to side with helpless women

Even with a cash receipt she could argue she gave you the cash to purchase

Just make sure you have your ducks in a row before your day in court

i feel your pain. I've lost everything, not car audio, but everything! and more than once because of crazy women. what are you gonna do? cant live with em, cant kill em and get away with it.

Yeah, but for a 2000 dollar lawsuit, you don't need a lawyer. For any small claims suit, you don't need a lawyer.
agreed, but if he asks for one, they will give him one just to help with the basic objections/filings and such, most of the time they only get paid at the end and only around 400, or less... if he goes in there prepared I agree you don't need a lawyer, but you do if she has one, he needs one, or else her lawyer will throw loop hole after loop hole...

This wouldn't have been a problem right now if OP had proof that she has his stuff illegally.

If he had like a text of her saying something like "you're never going to get your stuff back." I assure you the cops will get a judge to sign an arrest warrant. The reason the cops blew you off is because you gave them no probable cause. This is a major problem with theft cases. When someone steals your stuff and you don't have any bit of proof that the stuff was yours and that another, known person has taken them, you may be out of luck.

But you never know........

Trust when they say possession is 9/10ths of the law, they mean it. If she has it then its her's. The cops wont do anything about it but say its a civil matter. If you argue about it then you're off to jail. Chick had my house key, tried to get it back through police and I went to jail.

If you argue about it then you're off to jail. Chick had my house key, tried to get it back through police and I went to jail.
Must have been a hell of an argument. What did you really do..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

My comment about killing a bitch still stands. OP is saying it was a "good" break-up and that neither one did anything, yada yada yada... Well if it was such a good break-up and no one said or did anything like cheating or whatever then how come she won't give the OP his shit? She probably bought it for him. That's why. Otherwise there's no reason not to give him his audioz back unless she's evil or he did something stupid.

Women do rather crazy things when a break up is unavoidable. Regardless of who is at fault.

Many of us have went through break ups/divorce and had to endure this very thing. The legal system (police or judicial) are virtually no help at all in most cases. In some cases it will get worse if you go to court.

This wouldn't have been a problem right now if OP had proof that she has his stuff illegally.
If he had like a text of her saying something like "you're never going to get your stuff back." I assure you the cops will get a judge to sign an arrest warrant. The reason the cops blew you off is because you gave them no probable cause. This is a major problem with theft cases. When someone steals your stuff and you don't have any bit of proof that the stuff was yours and that another' date=' known person has taken them, you may be out of luck.

But you never know........[/quote']

I have said proof, text and email.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.