Lost a channel on my amp, somewhat

Participant count
  • Participant list

Force-fed

Front comps are running off an old zed built usa 2100, on my way home today the speakers kind of went in and out and sounded way off, then fine, then quiet, then midbass was fine but tweeters were quiet, and when i turned the balance to the right it would start to move the sound to the right but when the balance got all the way right, the sound would come out of the left side but really muffled? I was extremely confused, figured a wire short, checked out the wires, looked fine. I put the dmm on the amps left channel with music on, then to the right... The left was showing voltage moving with the music, the right was dead but not completely. It showed voltage with the music but way lower than the left channel, any ideas what to look for? I wired both comps to left channel and adjusted the gain for the new ohm load and the speakers sound fine.

Does anyone repair old usa amps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.