Lose dbs using a line driver?

If you are using the factory head unit i would suggets a LOC. You can look at the audio control LC2i as it also has a built in line driver. I am using one in my vehicle now and couldn't be happier. There are better LOC's out there but for the price its great and simple to use. hth

I had a memphis line driver back when I had a memphis 4k. I lost 0.3 on the termlab with the line driver hooked up. Unplugged it and went back up the 0.3 . But that was with my radio, my wiring, my amps, etc etc. Your experience may be different.

It definitely "sounded" louder when the line driver was hooked up though.

I had a memphis line driver back when I had a memphis 4k. I lost 0.3 on the termlab with the line driver hooked up. Unplugged it and went back up the 0.3 . But that was with my radio, my wiring, my amps, etc etc. Your experience may be different.
It definitely "sounded" louder when the line driver was hooked up though.
Oddly enough I gained about .3 consistently using a line driver a few years ago on Sundown 3K

So a line driver wont affect the output of my amp and subwoofers once connected? I just don't want to spend a bunch of money and not get all the full potential of my system

You don't need a line driver at all. You just need something to convert the stock speaker level signals to RCA inputs for your amp. Any good quality line out converter will do that (I recommend David Navone's). But if you get an amp with speaker level inputs, you don't even need that.

You don't need a line driver at all. You just need something to convert the stock speaker level signals to RCA inputs for your amp. Any good quality line out converter will do that (I recommend David Navone's). But if you get an amp with speaker level inputs, you don't even need that.
^^What he said. Your focus is on the line out converter (LOC) and most good ones will already be a decent line driver to begin with. Usually Audiocontrol offers a healthy line out voltage with their gear regardless of what kind of piece it is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.