Looking to change my Amp

no i run 18v daily no issues. just get an alternator with an external regulator. ALOT easier that way.
To run it like you say, I need to have 2 separate alt or the original upgraded alt with a external alternator?

You use an alt with an external regulator. The regulator allows you to adjust the voltage to whatever you desire.

Personally, I would run a dual alt and dual battery system if you want to run voltage over 16V on a regular basis. Most systems spike up to about 16-17V but are not designed to stay at this voltage (12V system).....

If you run a dual charge/battery system, you can keep your 12V system for your engine, ECU, gauges, etc.... and run the 2nd 18V system for your sub amp(s) only so you don't burn out any components for your engine, etc. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You use an alt with an external regulator. The regulator allows you to adjust the voltage to whatever you desire.
Personally, I would run a dual alt and dual battery system if you want to run voltage over 16V on a regular basis. Most systems spike up to about 16-17V but are not designed to stay at this voltage (12V system).....

If you run a dual charge/battery system, you can keep your 12V system for your engine, ECU, gauges, etc.... and run the 2nd 18V system for your sub amp(s) only so you don't burn out any components for your engine, etc. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

who would actually do that type of set up? mechanics, audio installer, or performance shop?

Self, competent audio shop or competent performance shop. Should all be able to handle it provided they have the right equipment and experience.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.