Looking to add some new stuff to my 08 maxima. Any suggestions welcome.

Participant count
  • Participant list

maximamike2539
10+ year member

Texas
Whats up guys,

This is my first post on the Caraudio forum. So I bought my complete system about 2 years ago and now want some higher highs and lower lows but Quality is my main objective.

I just got into Caraudio a couple of years back so I am still learning so dont kill me if I dont know it all as we never will know EVERYTHING about a certain topic. But now I'm really learning about true quality and not just the mainstream BRAND NAMES Like Kicker,JL,Pioneer,Kenwood, etc (not saying any are bad as I have Kickers) haha...I just started saving up for some new additions to my 08 Maxima . Here is a list of my current build and what I want to add. Im looking for some input on my ideas for the future and any suggestions within the price range.

Current Build

HU: Sony XAV-60

Front Doors: Infinity Kappa Components 60.9cs 6.5's

Rear Doors: Nothing at the moment

Rear Deck: Infinity Kappa 3 way 693.9i 6x9's

Highs Amp: Pioneer GM-6400F

Subs: 2 12 inch Kicker Cvrs in a Custom made Sealed box (Dont know cubic feet?)

Subs Amp: Kicker zx750.1

Future Additions:

2 HDC3 12's with Copper Coil with the AQ2200 or possibly 2 Sa12's D2 running off a the AQ1500.

Also possibly 6.5 Neo pros (open to other brands or different ideas) in rear doors with new 2 channel amp to power them.

I am planning on a budget of 1200-1800 (hopefully more toward the lower end) including 2 12 inch subs for my sealed box (I will get dimensions ASAP) an amp for either the HDC3 or th SA12 subs possibly a new amp to power my current Infinity Kappas as they are only running on 75 watt rms. Also I'm Opened to any suggestions on a good 2 channel that can power Mids possibly 6.5 Neopros that I plan on getting for my back doors. I also plan on getting the XSPower D925 to power all my audio or at least my subs. Guys keep in mind I am aiming for overall Sound Quality. As you all probably know my Kappas are lacking a little in the mid bass levels which is the reason why I'm wondering if my Pioneer amp that is powering them is the reason? Or if getting an amp that pushes 100 watt rms to all four channels would even be worth the money... Let me know if you guys have any ideas for me. I'm in no rush and dont plan on purchasing my items for around 6-9 months down the line.

Thanks for the help in advance and if ya'll have any questions about something I left out let me know.

What up RangerDanger. Man I've had a not so great outcome with Two different ported boxes that I previously tried in my 08 maxima with the CVRs that i have. I used to have some MTX 12's (think the TR55's that were 400 rms a piece) in my old 97 Maxima in a ported box with a cheap planet audio 600 watt amp i believe and it sounded great! But when I tried the ported in my new Maxima it literally sounded louder on the outside of the car then the inside. We tried subs facing forward and rear and also fiddled with two different custom ported boxes and two different sealed boxes. The one i have currently sounded the best for the Cvr's... My audio shop says that the reason for the drastic changes is because my var has alot of insulation to cancle out road noise which also dampens the sound. Which was VERY HARD for me to believe. Before I had my current system I was all about ported but when I had such a big let down I thought maybe ported just wasnt working out for my purposes or for this particular car... but it also could have been the builder of the box... As i know that when building a ported box there is a lot more room for error as opposed of building a sealed (from what I've read).. Ranger im not trying to put your idea down at all but maybe just a little more input as I would not want to pay additional money to get another custom ported box made if its not gonna work out in the end.. Thanks for your help man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.