Looking for some tips on a setup.

MiniManAbear
10+ year member

I've been looking into some equipment for my truck but I some good tips on which equipment I use. I'd like to stay between Rockford Fosgate and Kicker.

The current setup I'm looking at is 2 Rockford Fosgate 15" T115D4's. These are 4-ohm each, and have DVCs. And to my understanding when connected correctly, these subs will put a 2-ohm load on the amp. They are also rated at 600 RMS and 1200 max watts each.

These two subs will have a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd amp pushing it. This amp is rated at:

• 500W x 1 @ 4-Ohms RMS
  • 1000W x 1 @ 2-Ohms RMS
  • 1500W x 1 @ 1-Ohm RMS

I already have a place in mind I'm getting the enclosure custom made but first I need some thoughts on the setup, any improvements, changes? Also how I should have the subs wired to the amp would be nice! Any help will be accepted.

Thanks.

Ahh, thanks, ya see I didn't know that. I'd probably run them at 1-ohm but I'd need to see if the amp is stable.

If I shouldn't get T1's, whats should I get?

I've been looking into some equipment for my truck but I some good tips on which equipment I use. I'd like to stay between Rockford Fosgate and Kicker. The current setup I'm looking at is 2 Rockford Fosgate 15" T115D4's. These are 4-ohm each, and have DVCs. And to my understanding when connected correctly, these subs will put a 2-ohm load on the amp. They are also rated at 600 RMS and 1200 max watts each.

These two subs will have a Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd amp pushing it. This amp is rated at:

• 500W x 1 @ 4-Ohms RMS
  • 1000W x 1 @ 2-Ohms RMS
  • 1500W x 1 @ 1-Ohm RMS

I already have a place in mind I'm getting the enclosure custom made but first I need some thoughts on the setup, any improvements, changes? Also how I should have the subs wired to the amp would be nice! Any help will be accepted.

Thanks.
you should just go to Mobile 1 or Best Buy and get them to do it.

Well if you MUST stay Rockford or Kicker and your willing to spend that kind of cash... Both companies make great amps but i prefer to have 1 ohm stable amps so i would get a rockford amp and maybe a L7 or something im not a big fan of either companies subs... Now if your looking to spend the same cash and go a different route you got options lol

There are plenty quality subs to choose from. Check out Fi car Audio, Acsendent Audio, DC sound Labs, IA, Digital Designs, ID, and theres a few more that im leaving out. All have models better then the T1 and are priced much more accordingly. Rockford amps are great amps, sticking to that is not an issue. Since you are getting a custom box made any of the above subs in the right box will blow your mind away. I would suggest looking through the classifieds to see if any of those subs interest you. Most of these subs can be recone which means if you blow it for whatever reason you can get parts to make it band new again, no need to buy a brand new sub.

Hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.