Looking for some good suggestions on a box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

rob420

I am looking for some suggestions from some experienced box builders. The box I had currently vibrated to destruction and was too small. I have plenty of room and there are no limits on size of box. The box is going in the back of an Escalade. Below are the specs for a box and all the speaker info. I am open for any suggestions. Having difficulty on the port size and tuning (don't want a box 15" high to match recommended port height). Not sure how to do the port. The speaker is a Memphis Mojo 515q1 (15" sub). Amp Rockford Power 1500. Any thoughts or suggestion will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Impedance 1ohm

DCR per coil 1.14

Resonant Frequency (HZ) 30.07 Moving mass (grams) 706.40

Mechanical Qms 5.09 Motor strength ™ 16.51

Electrical Qes 0.575 CMS (um/N) 41.28

Total Qts 0.517 Coil Diameter 3"

Linear X mas 0.59" RMS Power 1750 Watts

Linear Xmech 1.37" Driver displacement (CF) 0.389

Sensitivity (db) 84

Piston area (sqm) 0.085

Vass (cf) 1.49

Recommended Enclosure

Internal air space/slot port dimension/ tuning frequency

5.25cf gross /15.5”x3”x11” / 43Hz

If you have a windows computer I would recommend downloading torres box calculator you can find it on the internet for free then after that for an SUV I would recommend sub firing upwards port to the rear, the rule of thumb for slot ports is 12-16 inches per cubic foot personally I shoot for over 14 but that's just me tuning would really depend on the type of music that you listen to personally I would go lower than 43 though it would most likely sound loud to the ear like a pre fabbed box but it probably won't have the low end extension that you're looking for if you were to tune to 43hz.

FOr basic enclosures, RE box calc works well.. i have used it several times . If you only have one sub, then your options are about limitless as you dont require such a large box. I agree with what nkrell11 state, build a good size box with subs facing to ceiling and the port facing to the back, Those slam! I would recommend tunning to around 30 -35 hz.... however i think the mojo manufacturer recommends 32 if i remember correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.