looking for info sony xplod 800 watt or mtx thunder 2160

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason Eden
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
both amps are rated around the same rms power about 3-400 range. any idea on what one is best? Im going to run 2 older 12's kicker comps I think they are around 2-300 rms ea. or 1 12" older audiobahn says 1000 watts so what 500 rms. thanks for any help

definately the mtx. unless it is the 90's mobile es x-plode line, the x-plode is going to be real peaky/bubbly, making the sound quality poor.

Ya the mtx was mine and I loved it " very good from what i know " the sony works and sounded ok but only had it working for about 30 min before i took it out of the truck. A truck It came with a truck I bought. thanks for the input its a gta model and it is older but not sure on year , i can get the whole model # in a bit.

both amps are rated around the same rms power about 3-400 range. any idea on what one is best? Im going to run 2 older 12's kicker comps I think they are around 2-300 rms ea. or 1 12" older audiobahn says 1000 watts so what 500 rms. thanks for any help
They are both rated about the same rms power output, but MTX have always been at least slightly underrated and the older ones are built far better. I bet if you did a comparison with each amp on those kicks in a nice custom box, the MTX would sound better. Are the kicks Single 4 ohm subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.