Looking for info on a rare orion amp

pro-rabbit
5,000+ posts

OKC, OK
I have an Orion XTR100. This is similar to the NT100 just not purlple/black its red/black marble. I can not find much info other then they were over $1000 when new. The online manual just says 50x2.

Anyone have any info? I will post a pic later on today for those who don't know what they look like.

I found this, dont know if it helps.....

I got an NT100, NT200, XTR100 and XTR200

The XTR100 and NT100 are exactly the same, so is the NT200 and XTR200.

The XTR's were first, then they just changed the color and gave it a new model number

THE BEST ORION AMPS EVER MADE!

ORIONS.jpg

Internally, exactly the same look on all

xtr.jpg

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread/t-84247.html

****..lol I missed that. Yep helps a ton...means its a 1000+ x 1 @ 1ohm...lol

Now I just need to locate the pig tail harness for the speaker side and a way to switch from RCA to balanced inputs...

Any help there..lol

New to the forum guys. But I have a pair of 12" Orion XTRs (with blue writing) at home from the early 90s, does anyone know the specs of this sub in terms of power handling (in RMS)?

Was this a SPL sub or more for SQ? I haven't used them in a while, but am thinking of installing them again. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Dont see too many of these for sale. I see more NT's than anything, but even those you dont see much. LAst pair of NT's that were on ebay went for 800 something a piece iirc.

If you want mine, I have a thread in the trade sections...looking for trades or to sell it.

After all my digging the XTR was produced just around year. They were then changed to the NT series and produced for around 2 years. You don't find the XTR 100/200 for sale very often and if you do they are a little beat up or not working. Orion did have some issues with the balanced input(mini xlr). While the NT was sold the HCCA was also being sold. Because of SPL and SQ the HCCA name became more regular and the NT fell behind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.