Looking for door speakers 06 tundra

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello!

I made this exact same thread about 7 months ago. After I made it i found out I was gonna be a daddy so *workaholic mode* engage. Now I've found out I'm not gonna be a daddy. To clarify the baby is fine if you catch my drift.

During that time the factory speakers on the entire right side have given up the ghost. So I'm in dire need.

I have a 2006 tundra double cab.

I'm looking for components for the front coaxials for the rear.

Don't want any pa type speakers.

I will be custom making brackets from abs.

These will be pushed by a zed draconia 3.

Would like loud and clear not going for insane sound quality because I don't have the ear for it.

Would like to maintain factory look. The tweeters maybe an issue but I'm not afraid to make custom housing to take factories place.

Since subwoofer solutions for this truck is extremely limited. I would like maximum midbass with bright warm but not harsh highs.

Yes I will be sealing and sound deadening the doors. Not on keephopealives level but more than adequate.

So bring what you got or any advice thanks!!

The window track is right behind the front speakers, so that means to keep the factory look you need slim speakers. To get loud and stay slim = more money. Cheaper slim speakers = no excursion and a tiny voice coil and motor which means low power handling. CDT ES-6iM woofers with DRT-26 aluminum tweeters should do the job well. These tweeters can sound bright but they don't get harsh. The woofers are like ES-6 with a custom engineered neo magnet motor mounted in front of the cone. Coaxials for the rear aren't a big deal.

Like trumpet mentioned your budget will really determine the outcome of this. CDT also has a CL 6 slim speaker but the quality and power handling are not as high as the ES 6im

im not trying to go crazy, but I definitely want quality. I don't have a number set. I would definitely want to stay under $1000 for the speakers. so run with that figure as your max and let me know what kinda configurations can be done. I haven't measured but I have some sound deadener on the way. So on my next weekend off (2weeks) ill definitely take some measurements. so we will know for sure exactly what kind of space we are working with. I don't make rush decisions especially about car audio I like to thoroughly research what im buying before hand, I learned that lesson back in highschool throwing money around in these craptastic car audio shops we have around here.

Ive heard really good things about the es6im, what about matching that with the es610 coaxial. what would that run?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.