looking for an alarm

Participant count
  • Participant list

orangecounty1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa, FL
ok, well i was gonna buy the viper 5002, since its 2 way without remote start, and my car is a stick so i figured that would be best (i want 2 way)

then i was looking, and now i wanna get remote start, so its either the 5900, or the 5901. so far, all i know about the differences between the 2 is the remote. the 5901 has their new remote they just came out with. im sure theres other things, but idk.

can anyone compare the viepr 5900 and 5901 for me?

The Viper 5901 is the newest unit they make. The battery on the 5900 is a AAA battery which you would have to replace every 3 weeks or so. The battery on the 5901 is rechargable (you recharge it by plugging it into the wall). The 5901 also comes with a 2nd one-way remote whereas the 5900 only comes with one remote. A second 2-way remote would cost around $150 retail price.

Personally I would go with the 5901 because of the battery life, 2nd remote, and a whole lot of more features like being able to tell the range of temperature in your car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.