looking for amp ideas .

Participant count
  • Participant list
I picked up a pair of dq HDC3 12 inch subs , dual 2 ohm version and i plan on upgrading my current amp . right now i have 2 DD 1512's on a sundown 1500 at 1 ohm in a way small box and tuned to low.

I do have some ele upgrades already - xs power 3400 under the hood and 1more in back , 200 amp alt. skyhigh 1/0 wire and big 3 wires done with 1/0 skyhigh also . I maybe could get a different agm for under the hood and put the other xs power 3400 in back

I know the 1500 amp is not enough so i can do either another 1500 and strap them or sell the 1500 and do a bigger amp ( i rather run 1 amp ). With the subs ill have to run either .5 ohm or 2 ohm . iam guessing with rise i'd be ok running single amp at .5 ohms ( not sure which do good at .5 daily ) . I can do up to 5.0 TO 5.5 cf box after port ( If tuning is 35hz TO 38 hz )

With my electrical and these subs what amps will be good for me ? If i sell the 1500 id have about 600.00 to 650.00 MAX to spend on the amp.

If your planning on 3k then you might need more cash for $650. You might find one used
I fiqured id have to do used . Just not sure what my electrical will handle and if any of these are good at .5 daily .i have not had the sundown 1500 on them yet , just read its pretty small for 2 hdc3 12 .subs

older vlf 150

ampere audio 3800

soundqubed 3500

I fiqured id have to do used . Just not sure what my electrical will handle and if any of these are good at .5 daily .i have not had the sundown 1500 on them yet , just read its pretty small for 2 hdc3 12 .subs older vlf 150

ampere audio 3800

soundqubed 3500
All of those are .5 stable. With the aa3800 being the better of all 3 Your electrical isn't enough for any of those amps at .5 tho. You'll need at least a 275 amp alt. And a 6phase hairpin at that

You will need 100-150$ more for a 3k or better.

Id suggest saving the money and not rushing so you can really have a good setup

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.