Looking for a new pair of 12's to be powered with 1200W total

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheCarFather
10+ year member

Well I sold my sub set-up a few months ago and am looking to purchase something new and starting from scratch. I got a new car so I sold off my JBL subs and MTX amp that I ran them with and am wanting to get something different. I have an 09 Subaru Impreza hatchback and won't mind taking up the whole back hatch area.

First off I am looking to power this new set-up with an AQ1200, or possibly a different amp(MB Quart 1500.1) but no more than 1500W total, 750W max for each sub.

Looking to spend no more than $300 for the pair of subs, and will have a friend of mine bulid the box. He built my last one and does very good work, thats why he will be doing my next one.

My previous set-up(in my sig) hit 146.1db but wasn't tuned or set-up for SPL. It was just a daily driver that I wanted to boom but sound good as well. My previous car was an 02 Focus sedan, so I am happy to be working with a hatchback this time around. I am looking for at least the same overall loudness that I had before, but still sound good overall. I mainly listen to rap and metal.

I am open for any suggestions, thats why I am posting. I was also entertaining the idea of going with a single 15" but I thought two 12's could possibly be louder. I don't want to go with more than 1500W total as I don't want to get into getting a beefier altenator, I'll just do the Big 3 and run appropriate wiring.

So in short:

$300 dollar budget

looking for what will pound/sound the best with max 1500W

Going in a hatchback car

Would be satisfied with anything that could hit ~146db and still sound pretty good

total budget for subs/amp is $600, but would be real happy if I could stay closer to $500

Only subs I have been considering so far were the Audioque SDC2.5's

Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate any and all opinions!

id get the mb quart, has more power and new for 209 shipped,

Sundown SA12s! - Car Audio Classifieds

offer 300shipped

Brand New Fusion Jonah Lomu 12" Subs (x2) - Rare! - Car Audio Classifieds

these are amazing subs little beefier then the audioque with 3 inch coils. get really loud and sound amazing.

2 12" RD sonances w/ SPL upgrade - Page 2 - Car Audio Classifieds

id even take the sonances over the audioque

i also know someone with a solid audio f15d its a zenon board 200 shipped

Solid Audio F15D inside - Amp Guts

if u wanna drop down in size, ive got 2 10" sonance v2...$230 plus ship
I want to stay with 12's as I always liked them in the past. I have the room for them so might as well go for it.

So as of right now, looks like I'm gonna go with the MB Quart 1500.1 for the amp. Now I just need to pick out a pair of subs to power with it. Open for more suggestions and opinions on the Audioque SDC2.5's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.