Looking for a module for Hifonics BXi2006D

Participant count
  • Participant list

luv2bass
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
Hi to all,

i have a blown amplifier from Hifonics BXi2006D.

It has a damaged module that is vertical on the main board.There are 2 modules.One large around pre amplifier and one small around power supply.The damaged is the small.It can't be fixed is half burned.

Do you know where can i find a new one to replace it?

I will post pics shortly.

ImageShack Album - 9 images

The transformers look good but a technicin told me they me be damaged inside and that may caused the problem.

The customer who owns the amplifier says the amplifier did not have any load on it when it got blown.It was just connected to Power and Remote.Is this possible ???

All of the MOSFET's in Power supply section are burned (both sides - 12 Total).

You might as well try to source that whole card. It looks to be so badly burnt that there wouldn't any solder pads left to solder the new IC onto anyways. Its also possible for a board to get burnt/damaged to the point where the board itself will start conducting electricity and yours looks to be pretty bad. I'd try to find the whole card. It most likely drives/controls the power supply. It probably has several other components on it that are defective as well. It is possible for it to blow with no load but it is rare. Even amps with problems work with no load sometimes. You might want to check the output transistors as well. The power supply being blown can be a result of blown/defective FETs in the output section.

Sorry just reread your post and I see you were already looking for the complete card. Let me ask a couple people that may know where to get one. Make sure you replace or at least check the gate resistors for the power supply fets to make sure they are still within tolerance. If they aren't and you just replace the fets the amp will smoke again on first power up.

Is it possible that the amp was blown without any load in output?It was connected in power supply for months as far as i have been told and was just powered on along with one more amp that was driving the front speakers when the user was turned on the head unit.

It is possible but rare. Is it possible that there were some speaker wires connected to the amp still that may have shorted? You need to verify that the output fets are not defective. A blown power supply more often than not can be caused by shorted output fets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.