Looking for a GOOD Quality MP3 Player - Any Suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LordX
10+ year member

Hey all - I have a relatively high end car stereo system - and I got an AUX port now to use an MP3 player.

My ideal player would have a 'LINE-OUT' port - but I doubt any do - so I will have to use the headphone jack.

So my question is - are there any high quality players? Especially with the volume turned up on the player.

PS - I am staying away from CRApple products.

I would never rely on aux for long term use in the car. The connector will wear out, and then your audio quality will suffer. No joke, I suggest Bluetooth to stream your music. Axxess Interface makes a Bluetooth add-on kit that works with any radio. Another option is removable flash media, but that depends on what your head unit has to offer.

I think that my initial post was kind of mis-leading as to the 'level' of my system - and what I listen to.

I listen to mostly electronic music - and most of my collection is in MP3 format - not FLAC which I would prefer.

Now I know that most will say that there is no point to having a nice system when listening to electronic music - and maybe they are right.

As far as 'high end' systems go, I am sure that mine is at the BOTTOM of the list - but it is certainly better than any 'best buy' install.

The reason I am trying to get reviews is this:

I want a player that can have a strong output so I don't have to CRANK my system all the way up. I have the Alpine 410 (or something like that) which allows multiple CD Changers and AUX input into the AiNet system. The 410 allows for adjustment on the voltage for the AUX input - but I would rather not have it cranked all the way up.

This will be my first time fiddling with the AUX portion - so perhaps cranking the voltage there is the right move.

Long story short - I am looking for a player that will give me good volume, with good BASS.

Heh that is a lot to list.

I got a recommendation from another place to look into the FiiO X3 player. It plays a lot of lossless audio - and also has a LINE OUT - which it something I was hoping for.

I want a player that can have a strong output so I don't have to CRANK my system all the way up. I have the Alpine 410 (or something like that) which allows multiple CD Changers and AUX input into the AiNet system. The 410 allows for adjustment on the voltage for the AUX input - but I would rather not have it cranked all the way up.
I've had that Ai-Net device. The level adjustment is there for weak aux sources. Do you have it cranked all the way up now?

i'd get a good an android based phone, like htc one or galaxy s4, and root it and download Viper4Android and use 320kbps mp3, 400kbps mp4 or u can go lossless and do flac, the V4A is an awsome audio app, lets u do so much, i was able to get better sound than a CD. iPods and zunes can't do all that. if u get one pm me and i will let u know how to set the app up. i would suggest a galaxy device b/c u can always add a micro sd card for music.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.