looking for a good amp to run some kappa perfects

millerb415

Im looking at getting some kappa perfects want to set them up using a three way crossover but do not know how much power to give them i know that the 600 wants 100 rms and the midrange wants 75 rms so 175? but there is not really any amp offering the that power only the power from rockford fosgate (at 250 rms) was wondering if i should go with that or the jl audio hd4/600 at 150 rms im also debating between the 600 and 900 (150 rms) models for the kappa perfect but i do not know what to power either of them with

Im looking at getting some kappa perfects want to set them up using a three way crossover but do not know how much power to give them i know that the 600 wants 100 rms and the midrange wants 75 rms so 175? but there is not really any amp offering the that power only the power from rockford fosgate (at 250 rms) was wondering if i should go with that or the jl audio hd4/600 at 150 rms im also debating between the 600 and 900 (150 rms) models for the kappa perfect but i do not know what to power either of them with
jl amps over priced from china

Didn’t the Pioneer GM-D8604 (rated at 100 wpc) dyno at 123 watts per channel? That should push them nicely.
the one problem with that is if i go three way on them (which i plan to) the rms is now 175 or if i go with the 900 it is now at 225 way to much for that pioneer. or am i doing the math wrong? and i am planing to use the other two channels to run base and then rears later so bridging them is a no go

the one problem with that is if i go three way on them (which i plan to) the rms is now 175 or if i go with the 900 it is now at 225 way to much for that pioneer. or am i doing the math wrong? and i am planing to use the other two channels to run base and then rears later so bridging them is a no go
If you are doing rears, you are doing it wrong, unless you want a mess glob of sound with destroyed sound stage. You also always want a dedicated monoblock amp.

Proper way is to buy the pioneer, bridging the amp for your front stage and then get a dedicated monoblock for your subwoofers. It'll be 100x cheaper than that JL amp idea.

Get a 0 gauge wire kit and distribution block if you dont want to run a lot of wires.

If you are doing rears, you are doing it wrong, unless you want a mess glob of sound with destroyed sound stage. You also always want a dedicated monoblock amp.
Proper way is to buy the pioneer, bridging the amp for your front stage and then get a dedicated monoblock for your subwoofers. It'll be 100x cheaper than that JL amp idea.

Get a 0 gauge wire kit and distribution block if you dont want to run a lot of wires.
do you think it is worth the money to get a better quality amp like a Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X2 and then save up/ wait for the audio control 6 channel amp/ equalizer to come out and then get that and use the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X2 bridged for a sub?

yeah, don't ever do rear speakers... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

the owner from audiofrog must have it all wrong....

if you were thinking about spending hundreds of dollars on a jl hd amp i would go with a helix psix:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cWsoJ6OwX6l/p_975PSIXDSP/HELIX-P-SIX-DSP-MK2.html

there is a mint used one on diyma for around $800

yeah, don't ever do rear speakers... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
the owner from audiofrog must have it all wrong....

do you see the OP using a custom made 7.1 dsp thats not even on the market and being patented right now? No? Why even bother bringing it up when its not available to the public? its beyond stupid. All current music is recorded into stereo, very rare few equipment out there can take a stereo sound and upmix it into a dolby digital 5.1 (jbl ms8, old school clarions/eclipses etc..) or 7.1. For the majority of the vast majority population audio setups are still in 2.1 and anything to the rear messes up the sound stage plain and simple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.