Looking for a good amp for two Alpine Type R 12's (SWR-12D4)

Participant count
  • Participant list

BabyPenguin

As the title suggests I'm looking for an amp that can power two Alpine Type R 12's. I have the money to order everything, but I want some suggestions before I make my purchase. My budget for the amp is $300-$550, and I want a NEW amp, not used.

I want to have around 1500-1800 RMS at the amp

Also if someone could hook me up with a wiring diagram with the amp chosen that would help a LOT. This is my first system and all the help I can get is appreciated.

I'm also looking for a good pre-made enclosure for the subs if anyone could recommend one. If not, I know this isn't the right section to ask for help with that.

Thanks!

It will be cheaper through a dealer if you have one. M1c | DD Audio
Could someone please explain what this means? I'm confused about the volts, and how do I know how many I have?:
7d740664da1833c45ce48d21c7fa0c9d.png

EDIT: Nevermind, this post answered my question http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/i-c-e-electrical-security-navigation/192800-amp-ratings-12v-14-4v.html

Any more amps you guys would reccomend?

Could someone please explain what this means? I'm confused about the volts, and how do I know how many I have?:
7d740664da1833c45ce48d21c7fa0c9d.png
that means that at 12volts, the amp will still put around 1200w in a perfect scenario and 1700 watts at 14.4

you could get a cheap little cigarette volt meter from Autozone and get a rough estimate of where you are sitting at. It'd be a good investment to install a voltmeter or two though

Alright well glad I asked about the hifonics! Online I can only find good things by googling HiFonics, but better safe then sorry I guess. Popwarhommie, I don't plan on upgrading. I want a system that I'll be happy with for a couple years, and that 2200 will more than likely blow the subs pretty fast.

My friend is running about 800 rms in his car and it's pretty loud. I have a 2 door 3000gt VR4 that doesn't have too much space in it, so around 1800rms should be good for quite awhile. Would anyone else reccomend the m1c? M1c | DD Audio

Hey I know you guys just bashed on Hifonics, but since I'm looking for around 1800 rms, would the BRX2000.1D be a good choice for me? I really like the price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifHifonics BRX2000.1D 2000W RMS Class-D Monoblock Brutus Series Amp

Also I can wire it at 2 Ohms for 1400 watts to break my subs in before I crank it up to one ohm, which I really like.

Someone said it earlier, if you decide to go Hifonics, BRZ is the way to go.

You can't get a 2-ohm load out of those subs if you wire the pair together. 2-ohm load can only be achieved if you wire them individually. At that point, your single Alpine swr-12d4 will get 1,200 watts.

For your price point, SQ2200 is the best option. Go easy on the gain.

Someone said it earlier, if you decide to go Hifonics, BRZ is the way to go.
You can't get a 2-ohm load out of those subs if you wire the pair together. 2-ohm load can only be achieved if you wire them individually. At that point, your single Alpine swr-12d4 will get 1,200 watts.

For your price point, SQ2200 is the best option. Go easy on the gain.
You guys don't think a 2200 rms will blow subs that together are only rated to handle 2000rms? This is going to be for daily use, usually running for 30+ minutes at a time because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Also, since the reviews on this amp are so amazing, if you guys think I wont blow my subs I'll get it. But what gauge wire would you guys recommend?

I would do some electrical upgrades first. I would imagine your car's alternator isn't very big so 1500+ Watts is going to put some heavy strain on it (if not too much strain). So if you get the Q2200 you MUST set it with a multimeter to ensure you aren't putting out 2200 watts.

I would do some electrical upgrades first. I would imagine your car's alternator isn't very big so 1500+ Watts is going to put some heavy strain on it (if not too much strain). So if you get the Q2200 you MUST set it with a multimeter to ensure you aren't putting out 2200 watts.
My stock alternator runs at 110-120 amps, I shouldn't have too big of a problem, but I will still check. I plan on getting a better battery, but other than that I should be alright.

If you decide to buy use, I have mint American Bass VFL Hybrid 4480.1. 2200 watts rms and easy on the electrical. I ran it on stock alt, 105a, and a deka g34. Inbox me if you're interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.