Looking for a decent sql subwoofer for under $200

itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
My brother is deciding to put a sub in his legacy at high levels the bass is completely drowned out by the mids and highs. So he is looking for something to add to the lower end his last set up was 2 12 sony xplodes in a pre-fab on a clarion apx1300. So hopefuly he can get something that can sound better than that and play at a loud enough level to bear evenly with his stock harmon kardon system

so to sum everything up. Im looking for a sql sub mostly leaning towards sq. Budget is 200 dollars(new he is against buying things used) haven't decided on a size but im thinking either a 12, 10 or 8. Only using one sub so keep that in mind

lol he got rid of his old system the apx 1300 I blew up a while ago lol but would you suggest even the sa-12s for something more sound quality orientated most of your guys suggestions seemed more spl but I know very little

I really liked my IDQ12. It leaned a little more on the SQ side. I wanted a little more impact so I replaced it with a SA12. The SA12 is clean by isn't nearly as musical. The ID is rated for 300W the SA12 is rated for 600 but really likes more. I am pushing mine with 1000. The amp your using may help make the decision for you.

I really liked my IDQ12. It leaned a little more on the SQ side. I wanted a little more impact so I replaced it with a SA12. The SA12 is clean by isn't nearly as musical. The ID is rated for 300W the SA12 is rated for 600 but really likes more. I am pushing mine with 1000. The amp your using may help make the decision for you.
The amp will be chosen after slecting a sub

The ID v3's can handle 400rms. The IDQ's are a little over his budget. I love my ID v3's. SQ is great.

The ID v3's can handle 400rms. The IDQ's are a little over his budget. I love my ID v3's. SQ is great.
Are you sure? I believe v2 was between 300 and 400, but v3's power handling (rating) is around 600-750watts. In addition it's a relatively high sensitivity subwoofer. If you trust small signal parameters, in a sealed box it's about 3dB more efficient than SA12 (also, in the optimal sealed box). If that's not enough, there is the IDMAX12 subwoofer that has even more linear and overall throw than IDQv3. There are so many of them sold, I wouldn't be surprised if you can pick up a used one for under $200.

Have you listened to the Skar VVX series?

Nice SQL sub, and def within your budget...especially if you check Skar Audio's 'B-stock' thread (assuming Kevin has any left).

Alright so it turns out space is sort of an issue so I thinking of going 1 8 do you guys think 1 sa-8v.2 will get loud enough to be heard with the stock speakers im assuming yes lol?

I'll sell him my cvx 12 d4 and box for $120. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Sub is in vgc, box measures 25x14x14 (just a hair over 2 cu/ft), so it eats up just a little bit more space than an sa8 would.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.