Looking for a amp around 1200 wats to pair a 15'' Fi Q

Ben Case
10+ year member

I use to have a Sundown SAE-1200D until my brother decided to turn my bass up without me knowing, so when I listened to it at full volume the amp blew. When i took the speaker wires out and tried putting them back in the amp just started smoking like crazy. I'm pissed, because that was the perfect pair, and I got it for cheap.

So now I'm looking for a new amp to pair with my Fi Q w/ power option. (Older style Q)

I was thinking something like a Sundown SAX-1200D, but that mother ****** is almost 400 dollars, ******* almost double what I bought the SAE-1200D for. ****.

Luckily my brother is paying for half.

Do you guys have any good suggestions? I saw the thread about the guy that repairs them, but I looked at the last couple pages and people have been having problems with him...

Thanks for your time.

you'll be hard pressed to find many differences between AQ and sundown, they are both very good brands but AQ takes the cake with their prices.
unfortunately the sae1200 beats that aq all day the saz-1000 is more comparable to the aq1200. and yes i have experience with both amps.

unfortunately the sae1200 beats that aq all day the saz-1000 is more comparable to the aq1200. and yes i have experience with both amps.
strictly speaking in a price-to-performance ratio, I think the AQ would still be out on the top. I imagine the SA amps are more underrated but all in all they are **** similar

the extra $75 or so would be well spent and speaking on the sae amp used price versus the new aq1200 price they are identical so what are you talking about.

the extra $75 or so would be well spent and speaking on the sae amp used price versus the new aq1200 price they are identical so what are you talking about.
a lot of the prices i've seen for used sundowns are no where near the prices for used AQ's, but that's just me...

that may be cause once you sell your aq if it goes poof your sol when you sell your sundown warranty transfers. that means quite a bit in this game.

Not sure what impedance you need but you could look elsewhere and buy a Cerwin Vega Stroker S1000.1, MB Quart Onyx 1500.1, JBL GTO14001 or a Orion XTR10001.

...or you can be that guy and go buy an Audiopipe AP15001D then report back and tell us which one sounds better and louder.

Not sure what impedance you need but you could look elsewhere and buy a Cerwin Vega Stroker S1000.1, MB Quart Onyx 1500.1, JBL GTO14001 or a Orion XTR10001.

...or you can be that guy and go buy an Audiopipe AP15001D then report back and tell us which one sounds better and louder.
I played with an ap1800 and I would take the sundown 1200 anyday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.