Looking for a 12" sub for my Punch 200

Participant count
  • Participant list

SCcobra4me
10+ year member

I know this topic has been beaten like a dead horse on this site I'm sure but I've been out of the game for a looong time, a good 15 years. I had quite the large system back then but don't have a clue today. I bought two incriminator audio 187 12" subs two years ago and was not very impressed with them even after changing the box several times. No highs, decent mids but amazing lows and I know that's due to tuning of the box.

Well I now have a 2010 Milan and just hooked up my Punch 200 once again into one of those subs and still not very impressed. I'm using the stock head unit so I know I'm losing some SQ there. I always ran JL Audio subs in the past (W1 series) and although they were cheap, you throw 4 of them in the back seat of a Grand Am with a PPI 600 watt amp and they do some damage, 146.2 db's worth.

So what's recommended for my little 200 watt amp these days, I'm looking for either 2 10's or one 12 because I want to take the box in and out of the trunk easy for family travel. I'm hearing a lot of good about Sundown Audio but after doing a search on this site, it seems noone can give a straight answer on how big to build a box and that's where I lack today's knowledge. I'm thinking of just going with what I used to know and picking up two more JL Audio 10's and throwing them in a 3 cf^3 box with two 3" PVC ports 11" long.

What are some suggestions and thank you!! I also heard Epic 10's are good but not sure I have enough power for all these subs and don't plan on upgrading anything else..............at this time, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.