Looking for 2K amp

MrFoca

CarAudio.com Veteran
MD
Ok guys, looking at a SQ 2200 amp for a new setup I will be doing soon. I'm looking for about 2000 watts +/-

Any suggestions on a good daily amp to use 1 ohm stable.

Is the SQ a good amp ? Any people have a lot of time using one of these amps.

Thanks.

x2, I know a lot of people who have been happy with that amp. I've got a Crescendo BC2000, also a nice choice and lately there have been some awesome deals on them.

also you might want to wait till black friday to see if they have any specials! its right around the corner man!
I was thinking that also. True it is just a few weeks away. Might hold off and see what kind of deals are going on. Thanks for the feedback guys.

i just got a sq 2200 wish I waited till blk Friday but o well...paied 408 for mine new, and cant wait to see what it can do at .5 ohms!!! I haven't got to try it out but to many people have told me its well worth the price and dose what it says..

I'd never own anything with an RD label on it. Piece of **** company from a piece of **** owner. That owner should have been taken out in the street and beaten.
Yes I agree Steve was a pos. but he doesn't own the company anymore. Hasn't for a long time. Ty is the owner now and is pretty cool

Whats going on with this?
They got burned big time on 3250 V2. Prototype is great.... order X-thousand units.... half of them blow up right out of the box and the rest will likely fail prematurely. Likely leveraged out the arse to finance the buy to begin with. Everyone gets boned. Similar to what happened to Diablo.

Really I wouldn't call the owner a POS for not being able to make good on something like this. Buy half a million dollars or so of worthless paper weights from China/Korea whatever and if you're not very big with deep pockets you can't absorb the loss. I guarantee the sensible thing to do for almost any business would be to just go bankrupt and cut their losses. I doubt more than 3 or 4 companies (apart from the big-box store brands) could absorb this kind of loss and stay in business.

This sort of thing in general happens a LOT when you use manufacturing in third world sweat shops and is why a lot of people don't buy into pre-orders or deal with startup audio companies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.