look at this beast!!!

free air looks good any idea on xmax? looks like it may be shy for that kinda power......
I'm not real sure.I think the owner is gonna talk with Admins or whoever.then maybe post about it.me myself just sharing pics because I like them lol

I don't wanna post anything inaccurate so im not posting anything else lol.Google would be a better source lol.just wanted to share some pics

Just a quick bit of info until I get time to put it up in my section. The driver uses MMAG technology (think older striker pro with clear cap). It uses 25mm thick plates the main magnets are 270mm OD and the Diode magnet is 220mm. The current coil in it is an "SPL" coil to give it massive amounts of motor force. In this configuration it is around 2,800. However with this big 8 layer 95mm long coil there is a down side, inductance. Which we all know kills top end bass. Plus it just has too much force for its own good. The spider pack is twice as hard as an IA Warden and still moves ~15mm one way free air on 500watts. Efficiency rating on this set up is ~92 1w/1m and ~99 at 2.83 volts/m

I will be tearing it down soon and putting in the "normal" MMAG coil which will give it a motor force factor around 400 and offer 42.5mm of one way linear Xmax. By June I will have engineering complete and tooling made for soft parts that will offer upwards of 60mm one way linear Xmax which will be needed to support the motor offerings that will be avaliable this fall. In the mean time this motor, if Klippel testing goes good, will be offered in beta form with 12 spoked baskets which offer ~32.5mm throw one way which i have Klippel graphs on and will be posting soon.

Looks kinda like the old 9100 series DD motor.
The topology is MMAG (multiple magnetic air gaps). Instead of like an overhang driver where the plate is center of the coil, the coil is positioned center of two plates and any number of plates can be used above and below. Think of it as a rail gun. As the coil moves out if the gap from one top plate it enters the gap of the next. Technically it is possible to achieve unlimited amount of Xmax by using this method. And with the addition of the "diode" magnet between the plates we are able to create an even B field and it also helps prevent flux modulation caused by the inductance of the coil.

Chris is working in my section and I'll be posting a little technical info on some of the stuff I utilize.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

garychurch84

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
garychurch84
hornbeak,tn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date