lol does this make sense at all??

Participant count
  • Participant list

weffy
10+ year member

It never hurts to run a capictor, protection is good, again, that is a general question, specifics would help. But if you are gonna listen loud for long periods of time, components, (amps , speakers, wire) build heat and resistance, capictors help as inline protection... In other words they are usually a good idea!
haha

Caps help reduce heat build up in speakers now? Good to know!
If they actually had enough storage capability, they could do as advertised and keep the voltage up at 14v. This could keep the amplifier from clipping and thus heating up the voice coil. Maybe that's what he was trying to say. Too bad caps simply don't have enough in store to keep the voltage up for anything that draws large amounts of current.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.