Local Shop Wants $280.00 just to re-wire my car

mike11202
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
DE
I went to them today for my 2007 honda civic.. 2 basic amp instalsl are $160.. the guy comes outside and hears that I have 2 kicker 0 gauge amp kits and 1 kicker 4 guage amp kit and he bumps the price up to $280.00

I have an American Bass VFL 200.1 and JL 300/2 v2

I want the american bass and jl re-wired since my american bass isnt installed yet

No I'm not doing it myself my car is a b1tch to take apart and I've never done it or seen it done before.. overall I don't want to f1ck anything up with this much power at hand

Whats your input on this?

I went to them today for my 2007 honda civic.. 2 basic amp instalsl are $160.. the guy comes outside and hears that I have 2 kicker 0 gauge amp kits and 1 kicker 4 guage amp kit and he bumps the price up to $280.00

I want the american bass and jl re-wired since my american bass isnt installed yet

No I'm not doing it myself my car is a b1tch to take apart and I've never done it or seen it done before.. overall I don't want to f1ck anything up with this much power at hand

Stop whinning about the price if you are too lazy to do it yourself.

We are supposed charge 45/hour for equipment not bought from us... so that's prolly about right to rewire a whole car.

Two zero gauges kits can be a pain to do so I see no harm in upping his price a little... that much I don't know though.

X2.......You are paying for thier knowledge (LABOR)

Could always go to BB.....................//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/dont.gif.ed5870f9483b695f9745036963f41c24.gif

You guys act like this is easy for me to do with no experience.. i f_ck somthing up and i burn the car down and possibly myself with it.

No thanks, im not taking any chances

Then its probably gonna be a ***** for them as well. If you are doing 3 runs of wire 2 1/0 and 4g, Its gonna take some time to get that into the car and hide it all so you don't have huge lumps under your carpet. Especially if they do it properly and solder the ring terminals, wire loom and zip tie everything, drill the firewall, install grommets, heat shrink.

their charging me $70.00 an hour for labor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

it happens

I had an 06 civic, and although it is somewhat aggrivating to take apart it's not THAT bad.

You pick at a Caddy Deville and then come holler this way

Just do it yourself, or pay and get it done. Thats your two choices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.