Local shop NOT making it easy to give them my business. (quote included)

100% markup on some of that **** is ridiculous. You know that.
The point really is, I'm willing to pay a small mark-up to support a local business, but that right there is enough markup to make me say 'to hell with em.'
I do agree, just saying, what do you expect... I think most people on this forum are here because they want to save all that cash and learn how to do it themselves.

Oh, right on then! I agree.

I made this about 11 years ago for my 88 Mustang, when I was about 19. Not bad for a first attempt. It's funny now looking at it and how cheap the stuff is. All Crutchfield recommendations for my budget at the time. Still sitting in my garage.

I'm a DIY'er to the core, but, was going to give the local place a shot at least at maybe selling a head unit or some speakers, build a rapport, maybe get some help tuning things or answering questions.

P1120171.JPG

That's one fuckedd up price bro....shiit just the markup is anal no lube....

If time is the issue I ay u do 1 or 2 things a week to the system...like throw in a deck and wiring one day come back a week later and do speakers and dynamat and in a nother few days do the subs and amps...that's usually how I do it...I just do my installs in a 2 week period

DIY Man. Don't use the excuse of not having time, chances are that the quality of the end result will have you pulling your hair out and wishing you done it yourself.

I had a shop nearby build the box that is in my truck now, we epoxied and glassed the inside, covered the outside and low and behold when I went to install the subs I had to run screws in at an angle grrrr. First blast the subs came loose, I knew then I was in trouble and took it easy on it until I had time to fix it. A freind and I pulled it back apart, removed the baffle "which was a ******", built a new double baffle with correct size holes, predrilled holes for 1/4-20 blind nuts, used old baffle for screw pattern to remount and wala it's been fine since.

The place that did the box charged $200 which I thought was fair at the time of discussion, but in the end was bull****. The whole story is quite long with this place and that was just 1 instance, it took me taking them to court to get my d3100 battery.

NEVER!! Pay up front for services until you see results no matter how much you think you can trust them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.