Local Audio Company v. Premier DEH-P880PRS

^^ LIke mentioned above,If you are all about sq, then make sure you get an external eq for the mac deck. Otherwise the 880 will serve you better, with much more tuning capabilities.
/\ /\ /\ As also stated above I would see what kind of a response you get WITHOUT any external processing (except for the x-overs on the amps of course) before you spend a bunch of money on an EQ. You might be surprised what kind of a response curve you get without equalization. I would never add processing without seeing if I needed it first.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I used to have an 880 until someone stole my car with that wonderful deck in it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif :crying: ..... I got the car back but not the deck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

The 880 is awesome as for as its tuning capabilities and the eq is on point imo. Im not exactly a diehard SQ guy but I will say its the best deck Ive owned and thats comparing it to alot of the Alpines from 05 and back. If i had the option of the Mac or the 880 I would take the Mac. Thats pure SQ for ya. The deal is too good to pass up imo.

Do Focals for example, come with active or passive crossovers?
I'm sure a set of Alpines would have said cheaply-built passive...

First, a passive x-over is NON powered and after the amp in the signal chain and have speaker wire inputs. Active is powered and before the amp in the signal chain and will have RCA inputs and outputs. NOT all passive crossovers are cheaply built. Some are of very high quality. Just depends on what someone is willing to spend on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.