LOC Inquiry

Participant count
  • Participant list

Astyl
10+ year member

Car Audio Enthusiast
Bedford, NH
Hey Guys, Quick One here hopefully.

My amp cut out due to going into Thermal protect the other day. My Gains are set extremely conservatively, as in not even halfway - I used a DMM and set it by Voltage using a Test Tone CD to my appropriate RMS.

Anyway, on the Input Side im using a High to Low LOC which was a little confusing when setting up. I am curious if this may be the cause of the amp running hot? Right now the LOC "Gains" are set at about halfway / 50% and not maxed out or anywhere near there.

During the setup phase, I turned the AMP gain down to zero, hooked my DMM up to the Amps Outputs and then played my test tone CD while fiddling with the gain control on the LOC itself...

I had it set to where with 1 RCA plugged in I was getting 4V out of the amp (which would mean 4V Input Correct?) - And then with Both RCAs plugged in, my output on the amp was 8V -- Which would mean both RCAs, Left and Right, at 4 Volts Each, Correct? Is this the best way to set gain with those things?

Any other ideas potentially? Its a Class D Monoblock, MTX 4501 set at 500 RMS @ 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.