Loaded question, I know

Moocow16
10+ year member

Master of Puppets
Detroit
Used to be big into car audio a decade ago, since then new companies have popped up and I'm totally lost again. In an effort to keep this short, got a 2014 mazda 6, don't want to upgrade the alternator(110A?), but big 3 and battery are on the to-do list, so my guess is 12-1500w max for a single ported 12" for daily use without having power issues. Looking for a recommendation for what you think the best SQL sub is in my situation if money weren't an issue. Years ago I would've just gotten an Adire Brahma and called it a day (or a RE XXX, which is still on my possible list), but there's Digital Designs, Ascendant Audio, Incriminator Audio, SSA, Sundown Audio, Treo, RE Audio, etc etc etc holy hell too many to choose from! Just want amazing but loud bass for daily use in the 12-1500w ballpark. GO!

Current version of RE XXX is still pretty sweet.

For the most part, every brand you listed makes a variety of product lines, many of which should be able to sound pretty good and handle 1200W. As far as true SQ woofers that would handle that kind of power the list gets pretty short seeing that most true SQ people wouldn't really ever use more than 600W on a sub-stage.

Never even heard of Tantric. The HD looks like a good contender though. Can you not buy them from their website??? And there's no prices listed, which makes me skeptical even though I said money is no issue haha.

[quote name='Moocow16']Never even heard of Tantric. The HD looks like a good contender though. Can you not buy them from their website??? And there's no prices listed, which makes me skeptical even though I said money is no issue haha.[/QUOTE]

Tantric is awesome. Either hit them up through their website or I believe @mylows10 ; is a dealer for them.

Tantric hd 12. $365 shipped a dc 1.2 or sundown saz 1500 roughly $320. Amp kit and big 3 $110 components and or 2-4 channel amp depends on the power you wanna run there. But for instance a pair of cdt hd 61a components. Hd 6cfx coaxes $325 range. A matching dc 90.4 or saz 100.4 $425 xs power battery under the hood $300 or less depending on which one Hope this gives you a good idea

[quote name='Moocow16']Never even heard of Tantric. The HD looks like a good contender though. Can you not buy them from their website??? And there's no prices listed, which makes me skeptical even though I said money is no issue haha.[/QUOTE]

they're not off the shelf subs. They are built to order. Get with Jim @mylows10; and he'll get you hooked up.

Also there's 10% off Tantric for the whole month of November so a good way to save ~$40 give or take a few depending on what you want done

If price isn't an issue and you want sql. Have you ever thought about arc audio for your amp? They put out 1200+ at 2 ohms. Highly efficient and Puts out the power.

Used to be big into car audio a decade ago, since then new companies have popped up and I'm totally lost again. In an effort to keep this short, got a 2014 mazda 6, don't want to upgrade the alternator(110A?), but big 3 and battery are on the to-do list, so my guess is 12-1500w max for a single ported 12" for daily use without having power issues. Looking for a recommendation for what you think the best SQL sub is in my situation if money weren't an issue. Years ago I would've just gotten an Adire Brahma and called it a day (or a RE XXX, which is still on my possible list), but there's Digital Designs, Ascendant Audio, Incriminator Audio, SSA, Sundown Audio, Treo, RE Audio, etc etc etc holy hell too many to choose from! Just want amazing but loud bass for daily use in the 12-1500w ballpark. GO!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.