Little help with REM wire and wiring harnesses on 2002 Suburban

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys,

I need a little help finishing my audio setup for my 2002 Chevy Suburban. I have two last steps I need, but I'm not sure how to do them.

I am putting in a new Pioneer radio and subs. I've put subs in vehicles before, but not a radio. I have everything wired up to the sub, and I've connected the wiring harness I bought online with the harness for the radio. The problem is, the factory radio came with two harnesses. The guy at Best Buy that help answer a lot of questions before I got started, said that the second harness is for the rear audio control for the back seats. However, the radio turns on but doesn't play sound with the smaller harness unhooked.

The first question is, where can I connect the blue REM amp wire in my setup? The Best Buy guy said to solder it in to one the wire in the small harness, but he wasn't sure which one.

The second question is, what can I do about this small harness? I've read online that you can bypass the factory amp that powers your speakers (I want to do this since I installed new door speakers) but seems a little complicated for me and my knowledge base at this point. I can't find anywhere that even sells or talks about this small harness.

The is also an external Sirius XM installed, but that wiring doesn't seem to affect the current problem.

Thanks for any help and hope I explained things alright! I can send a picture and write down the colors of the small harness as well if it helps.

SteveView attachment 26555253

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.