little confused !!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spddracer
10+ year member

Sounds Goooooood
Ohio
Ok lets say I have (2) 4 ohm subs SVC , I can either have a 2 or 8 ohm load ,Ill be runing at 2 ohm , I have an amp , Says its output is 100 watts x2 at 1 ohm stereo and 300 watts briged @ 2 ohm , So if I give it a 2ohm load bridged this is what I get correct , Someone please explain this , I guess im confused because Ive heard when you brigde it drop the impedence in half HELP

Originally posted by Jmac When you bridge it, you will have a 2 ohm load ... so, therefore, each speaker will get ~150 watts ...
The amps says 300 watts at 2 ohms briged , Does this mean I can give it a 2 ohm load ? im making sure the amp

can handle it , Soundstream rub 302

if it says 300watts bridged @ 2ohms, yeah it should work.

hmm, i would think that if you bridge it you double the impedance, since you taking both channels, you would just add the impedances. this sounds better than the half impedance thing you said.

Originally posted by Matador if it says 300watts bridged @ 2ohms, yeah it should work.

hmm, i would think that if you bridge it you double the impedance, since you taking both channels, you would just add the impedances. this sounds better than the half impedance thing you said.
When you brigde an amp each channel sees half the load , So basicaly yes it drops in half

Originally posted by Jmac Umm, no, it's 100x2 @ 4 ohm stereo, ftgu //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Actually 75 watts X 2 @ 4 ohm !

Still, that amp most likely pushes more than 100 x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo...if it pushes 300w @ 2 ohms mono, then it sits probably actually pushing 150 x 2 @ 1ohm stereo.

But anyway, impedence is only added if you wired the speakers in series. parallel wiring cuts the impedence in half (when you run 2 speakers).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.