Lincoln MKZ Double DIN?

Well I checked crutchfield and they say there is no dash kit, but searching on google it seems there are some like this, but im not sure its legit. Why wouldn't any double DIN dash kit work?
Seems they contradict themselves. The universal kits clearly appear when you put in your vehicle, but when you call them they say non fit?

This dude on another thread says he made the double DIN work with the factory nav bezel. I'm confused because it looks like it would fit, because from the pics I've seen the nav unit literally replaces the stereo.

This dude on another thread says he made the double DIN work with the factory nav bezel. I'm confused because it looks like it would fit, because from the pics I've seen the nav unit literally replaces the stereo.
Having it installed professionally? Maybe call a shop and see if they can tell you whether it will fit and what your options are.

well taking a second look the top part of the dash where the display is looks to me like is what you would be taking out, if it were me i would take that top piece apart and look how its mounted, if its attached with 4 screws in a typical ford radio fashion then chances are you can use the navi dash kit, but you will lose that whole top piece with the display and the lower radio pats will no longer function, Ford Lincoln Mercury Double DIN Car Stereo Radio Dash Install Kit w Wire Harness | eBay. but if you arent willing to take it apart you could try a local audio shop they might have run across this setup. you will also want to look behind it and see if the ford sync module is mounted behind it, possibility that it would also need to be removed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.