Replacing stock with new head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

jubbers

Hey guys, just wanted to ask you guys for advice and help on installing a new head unit for my sister. So to start this off she has a 2011 Nissan Altima with stock radio and asked me to find her a head unit that's touch screen and looks nice. Through a bit of research I found this:

Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

The feature she wants are: bluetooth audio and calling, and hd radio.

Now my question is, is this a good unit?

I'm not very car savvy, but I did a bit of research and read that some head units will need an hd tuner that is sold separately, would this be the case with the unit linked above? Also would this be compatible with steering wheel controls?

Also, by any chance would anyone know how much this would cost me to get it installed by someone else?

Sorry if this was a lot to read! I appreciate the help, thanks guys!

Hey guys, just wanted to ask you guys for advice and help on installing a new head unit for my sister. So to start this off she has a 2011 Nissan Altima with stock radio and asked me to find her a head unit that's touch screen and looks nice. Through a bit of research I found this:Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

The feature she wants are: bluetooth audio and calling, and hd radio.

Now my question is, is this a good unit?

I'm not very car savvy, but I did a bit of research and read that some head units will need an hd tuner that is sold separately, would this be the case with the unit linked above? Also would this be compatible with steering wheel controls?

Also, by any chance would anyone know how much this would cost me to get it installed by someone else?

Sorry if this was a lot to read! I appreciate the help, thanks guys!
It has built-in HD radio tuner, according to crutchfield - says on the front page. I'd go for the 5700 from amazon at a cheaper price:

Amazon.com : Pioneer AVHX5700BHS Double-DIN DVD Receiver with 7-Inch Motorized Display, Bluetooth, Siri Eyes Free, SiriusXM-Ready, HD Radio, Android Music Support, Pandora, and Dual Camera Inputs : Car Electronics

This is unless you want the great customer support crutchfield provides and you're planning on installing yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.