Like to replace my CDT components

nbm02ws6
10+ year member

Im not too impressed w/my CDT components so I'd like to replace them. They really sound muddy to me and Im not impressed by any means with them. They're being powered by a Crossfire VR804 amp (80x4). I had a set of Focal Access 6.5's back in the day and they were really solid in my opinion. I'd like to know what you guys reccomend....I want to do this once & not have to purchase another set 6 months down the road. Looking to spend somewhere between $2-300, maybe a tad more if its really worth it.

Also what do you guys recommend for some 6.5 midbass speakers to use for my rearfill in my cars sail panels? Thanks

what series did you have? And was the 80x4 bridged? Also are you sure you had them in phase? Muddy sounds are either out of phase or too much bass boost on it. I've never really heard anyone say muddy before.

what series did you have? And was the 80x4 bridged? Also are you sure you had them in phase? Muddy sounds are either out of phase or too much bass boost on it. I've never really heard anyone say muddy before.
I dont even recall what series. It was about a year and a half ago when I purchased them. The amp was not bridged, as I'm running a set of crossfire mids off the amp as well. I dont know how they'd be out of phase & I have no bass boost at all running through them.

well 80rms isnt too much. Only the KA series takes that. I think the CL-61 with the 480s take 120 or so. So underpowering and wiring out of phase isn't too hard especially if running the wires a good distance, i've seen alot of people accidently wire them out of phase or you may want to try it. Also if you're running a set of components with a set of mids how are they crossed? It may be the components but i'd check the others first.

Can you find out what kind from a box, paperwork or something? My CDT's didn't really SHOW me anything either at 100W. When I got into the 140W range they WOKE up big-time! I was told before they were even installed they Love power and need it. They play just awesome now! In the next couple weeks I will be taking the power up to 212W which should just knock the socks off! They play better and sound better than anything else I have had. Check your install and the power and it should reveal something. Do you have another amp capable of more?

I bet that you havent bought any sound deadening.

Thats the wrong bet then! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I cannot remember the model number of the CDTs, but they are their entry line component series.

IMHO you'd be better off finding a different set of comps anyways. CDT's simply aren't very impressive speakers.........

Boston Acoustics Pro60's, Image Dynamics CSX6.4 or CSX6.2, OZ Audio Matrix Elite, Rainbow Sound Lines, DLS MS6 and UP6, etc etc would all be good options to look into. Contact Tplaya07 about the OZ Audio and DLS speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.